sharetrader
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUST POWER

Advanced Member

Trustpower has sellers at $7-80 Contact energy has buyers at $7-80
    will today be the day when we have a dead heat?. It is nice to think about winners for a change the forum seems obsessed with losers.
    macdunk

Advanced Member

The Rise in the share price then the good news comes out. Who ever said its a cowboy exchange knows what they are talking about. I could tell the result was going to be a good one before i read it by the rise in the sp. Anybody that thinks charting cant forecast a result only has to look at rise and fall in volume and sp prior to due announcements in most of our companies. macdunk

quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

The Rise in the share price then the good news comes out. Who ever said its a cowboy exchange knows what they are talking about. I could tell the result was going to be a good one before i read it by the rise in the sp. Anybody that thinks charting cant forecast a result only has to look at rise and fall in volume and sp prior to due announcements in most of our companies. macdunk
    Careful. Helen of NZ and her tribe are eyeing up the power coys and any other industry considered essential to the public good. Cullen funds likes buying low. Air NZ and Telecom. Simple but effective.

sold at 7.30 around 4k shares

happy to place money back into mortage

good luck to existing holders.
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by Dazza

sold at 7.30 around 4k shares

happy to place money back into mortage

good luck to existing holders.
    DAZZA, I dont quite understand the system you are using could you please enlighten me. You sell TPW a share on a strong uptrend and hold TEL a share on a strong down trend. I would think that whatever price you paid for TPW that you would be well in profit, why sell?. Your TEL shares must see you sitting on a loss against the average rise in the market regardless of when you bought them. macdunk

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by Phaedrus

McDunk, on 29/7 you reckoned that "this is one real good long term share to be in at this moment in time". Since then TPW has fallen by about 12%.

Today you say "this is a good solid share to hold for the bad times that are looming". Is it really though? Over the last 3 months TPW has fallen about 12% - while the Index has fallen 2%.

I now take it PHAEDRUS that you are a long time holder that ignored your sell signal to get out. I say that because you infer in your go at SNOOPY that you do hold this share. A bit two faced dont you think?. MACDUNK

Advanced Member

Duncan,
    What makes you think I am a "long-term" holder of TPW? I'm not.
    What makes you think I ignored the Sell signal I posted? I didn't.

The chart that accompanied the post you are quoting has unfortunately somehow dropped off. Here it is again. It shows what I did, when, how and why.

With hindsight, anyone can see that it was barely worthwhile trading in and out as I did. But that is not the point here is it? TPW broke below its long-term trendline so I sold. That's my system. By way of contrast, FBU has not broken below its long-term trendline so I am still holding - as I have done for over 5 years, so far.

The idea of the comparative chart was to show Snoopy that his system selects stocks that substantially underperform the Index. When their performance is compared with that of a few representative "good" stocks, the performance differential is simply enormous.

Advanced Member

PHAEDRUS, The trend lines for TPW and FBU are similar, yet you say you traded out of TPW, and held on to FBU. That is the one reason I use a time line plus common sense. Your tentative trend lines, and your confirmed trend lines are a blur in the eye of the beholder. I cant see if you are consistant, that you would trade TPW and hold on to FBU in similar circumstance. I would be very interested to know why you dont enter the trading contest, or why you never say I hold this or that, then come in after the event, and say you should have done this or that. I learned a lot about TA studying your methods then moved on did the same with fundamentals and SNOOPY.
    Stick your FBU chart up with TPW, then tell me why you traded TPW and stayed with FBU. Tell the boys and girls [like SNOOPY and myself do]what you hold. I might have a bit more respect for you then, if you risk getting egg on your face. macdunk

Advanced Member

"The (long-term) trend lines for TPW and FBU are similar"
    No they are not. One has been broken, one hasn't.

"Your tentative trend lines, and your confirmed trend lines are a blur in the eye of the beholder".
    Clean your glasses. The TPW chart is quite clear and very simple. The light blue arrows mark the points used to create an initial tentative trendline and the dark blue arrows mark the points where tentative trendlines were confirmed. The big arrows mark where price action crossed the confirmed trendlines giving Buy/Sell signals. I can't make it any simpler or clearer than that.

"I cant see if you are consistant".
    I went to the trouble of showing exactly how, where and why the trendlines were drawn solely because then anyone could see the obvious consistency. Except you, perhaps.

"Stick your FBU chart up......then tell me why you stayed with FBU."
    Duncan, now you are just being lazy. I have lost track of the number of FBU charts I have posted over the years. Look them up yourself. Here is a helpful hint - most of them are on the "FBU Chart" thread. There is a nice simple one on Page 34.

Advanced Member

NOT WHAT I MEANT PHAEDRUS. The FBU chart is very similar to the TPW chart if you place one over the other. The big difference is you reading tentative trend lines into one and a confirmed trend line into the other. Take that patch off your eye and look at it with both eyes next time. I only said that because it is so obvious.
    No ifs or buts with a timeline my old mate, I know exactly how the share is doing, not maybe or mights with confirmed or tentative trendlines.
    Come accross if you dare, and let SNOOPY do a fundamental analysis of your hand. You take unfair advantage of SNOOPY, attacking his companies without disclosing yours. I tell you what i hold, SNOOPY tells you his then you jump out the bushes to attack. Get off the fence and think about it are you scared you end up with egg on your face. macdunk