sharetrader
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUST POWER

thanks Jantar
    appreciate the response ,

Pretty good result today. Any thoughts from those who invest in Trust Power. Seems like a good dividend play with fully imputed dives and consistent profit ahead?

I got in at the start of this year for 4.70, so pretty happy with the performance. Result was slightly better than what I was expecting. Bit disappointed I didn't go in for more when it dropped to 4.50ish. I'll continue to hold unless it passes 5.50, then I'll have another look.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Hi Jantar
    I am just curious how your gained your data to support your view.
    We're a bit concerned about possible liability here..... that is apart from the high PE and uncovered dividend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Flow data is available here http://monitoring.boprc.govt.nz/Moni...ils?point=1115

Its a pity I you didn't ask this before I went to work this morning or I could have provided the generation data from Matahina to go with it, but I'll be out of the country for the next 20 days so won't be back at work till after that.

However the graph shows that there was a small reduction in outflow in the early hours of 5th April at the point that the lake level reached minimum control level, and the operators had to reduce outflow slightly to prevent the lake going any lower. There is a small increase in flow during the morning as the lake behind Matihna dam rose, then a much larger but fairly steady rate of rise in flow after the maximum operating level was exceeded and table discharge commenced.

The only part of the rise that I would have any questions about was a reduction in the rate of rise then an increase again just before the peak. This is possibly due to the operators expecting the peak to be near and attempting to hold back a bit more water, then finding the peak was actually higher or later than they expected. We would need to see their operational logs to determine the reason. As that occurred after the stopbank had already given way it was not in any way a cause of the failure.

Discl: Not a holder directly, but do hold IFT.
    Further details have been made available by IPENZ
    https://www.ipenz.nz/home/news-and-p...gitaiki-floods

Well, it looks like TPW has drifted happily passed $5.50, in fact it looks like they're heading back towards the pre-demerger price.

TPW: $5.84
    TLT: $2.12
    Total: $7.96

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Well, it looks like TPW has drifted happily passed $5.50, in fact it looks like they're heading back towards the pre-demerger price.

TPW: $5.84
    TLT: $2.12
    Total: $7.96

Trustpower is having a great year, driven by favorable conditions and a successful bundling strategy. Seems to be a solid dividend play as well. Happy that I bought some after the last result.

IMO

Trustpower in the running to buy Vocus nz along with 2 degrees and TPG kicking the tyres. data room opened last week and first round bids due in Feb.

IMO

Trustpower announces sale of GSP Energy.. Over a 100% gain on this investment by the looks. Building cash to buy Vocus nz?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Trustpower announces sale of GSP Energy.. Over a 100% gain on this investment by the looks. Building cash to buy Vocus nz?
    I liked the announcement so much I added to my wife's MEL holding.!

Default Takeover offer - remainder of KCE

On 7 Dec, 2017
    announced

JOINT BID FOR THE REMAINING SHARES OF KING COUNTRY ENERGY LIMITED

King Country Energy Holdings Limited ("KCEHL"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of
    Trustpower Limited, currently holds approximately 65.07% of the ordinary
    shares of King Country Energy Limited ("KCE"). KCEHL has entered into an
    implementation agreement (the "Implementation Agreement") with the trustees
    of the King Country Electric Power Trust ("KCEPT"), the holder of
    approximately 19.98% of the ordinary shares of KCE, pursuant to which KCEHL
    and KCEPT formed an unincorporated joint venture to acquire the balance of
    the ordinary shares of KCE.

In accordance with the Implementation Agreement, KCEHL and KCEPT have today
    given notice of intention to make a full takeover offer to purchase all of
    the ordinary shares in KCE at $5.00 per share.

Today's announcement states 65.09% ownership (ie 0.02% change).

I notice that SP hasn't changed much from 7 Dec (small increase) and slight drop today. Presume the market thinks this is small potatoes.