sharetrader
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: TRUST POWER

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I don't mind paying a bit of tax. I get most of it back as a refund at the other end
    Yeah that’s fair, however I kinda see this transaction as the company handing shareholders capital back to them. Maybe a buy back would be more efficient, especially since they’ll likely need to raise capital as they look to build new generation. Interesting times though, you have to look at TPW as the pacific pillar of IFT’s renewable development business.

Manawa Energy looks like a trip back to Trustpower's roots as Kaimai Joint Generation. All solid long life hydro assets with good regional diversity that will tick along for many decades.

Only issue is Manawa's small stations are making good money (~$17.1m) from Avoided Cost of Transmission (ACoT) revenues which are set to fall in FY2024 due to proposed changes to the Transmission Pricing Methodology. These changes tend to see-saw back in forth to justify a lot of dead weight loss imposed on the sector by government and the market system so they will likely balance out over the long term.

Infratil still have majority control and they consider it a core asset with lower risk and targeted returns of 8-10%. Will need to develop more hydro/solar/wind power stations to achieve that level of return which they have plenty of experience doing.

Conclusion: A very low risk investment with reasonable dividend returns and moderate growth.
    Last edited by Jaa; 05-05-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Advanced Member

(MNW) Am looking forward to big juicy 51c div in 4 weeks time. Wasn't a bad annual report and results last Monday.

Legend

(MNW) Am looking forward to big juicy 51c div in 4 weeks time. Wasn't a bad annual report and results last Monday.

I see that - then what after the special div for sale spoils is distributed ? - will the SP head south more than 51c
    as things return to normality ?

Is there anything else left that can be hocked off for another large Special Div in the future ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    I see that - then what after the special div for sale spoils is distributed ? - will the SP head south more than 51c
    as things return to normality ?

Is there anything else left that can be hocked off for another large Special Div in the future ?
    Maybe IFT might be interested in coming up with some outrageous coin for the rest of the job ?

The market working well .....buyers and sellers with opposing views, for me I,m expecting share price to fall away after special divvy so am selling my holding , time will tell which plan works the best...if share price drops more than 51 cents I,m on a winner if not well done to you, will lick my wounds and head to whanga to plan my revenge....

Advanced Member

Am going to stick with power companies over winter and these uncertain times. My power bills will jump from $100 to $400 in next couple of months but not too worried about that. My motto if you can't beat them, join them, and expecting $30k+ in divs from these quite secure investments. Also have WHS HLG STU and expecting a big come back with HLG in August Sept. They all pay great divs. MNW goes ex div in 2 weeks 10/6/22, 51c including special div.

Advanced Member

That was a bit of a bummer dropping a bit over a dollar after ex div, probably due to the looming recession. Looking positive in last week, up 28c.

That was a bit of a bummer dropping a bit over a dollar after ex div, probably due to the looming recession. Looking positive in last week, up 28c.
    Not sure it was the recession seaweed, when they mooted selling their customers they sent an info booklet explaining the plan and usually I would flick thru it and bin it but I read this one right thru and they gave examples of future divvies and looks like divvies will drop to 24 cents next year...( my estimate ) or a little under 4% on present share price.....I guess the special divvy covers the drop for next few years so not all bad.

Cant help wonder why they sold retail side and what they have planned....solar...hydrogen....tidal...mice in a tread mill

Guru

Because wholesale price for power is to go up by 10%?