sharetrader
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUST POWER

Gosh Macdunk you waxing lyrical about a share you just purchased, who would have guessed ....

Advanced Member

KIWI, Yes my friend are you with me NUH. I do a lot of predicting have a go when i get one wrong.
    If you had listened at the start less than a month ago you would be thanking me not condemning. $4-84 to $ 5-60 last time i noticed plus a fully imputed divi due 17th dec. Give me a decent one back kiwi and you will get my attention. All the best macdunk.

Are you in PGG MacDunk ?

Advanced Member

KiWI, YES $1-75 collected the divi as well macdunk

You should have held on to those NOG shares Macdunk. If i remember correctly you bought in the 70's and sold in the 80's. They are over a dollar now and rising.

Mick
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Advanced Member

MICK100, Perhaps you are right sold at 86c bought tpw at $4-84 with the money now $5-50 and a 9c divi fully imputed n the 17th dec. I expect a better short term gain with tpw and will hold them long term. Wlll be back next year buy nog for the next thrill and drill. cheers macdunk.

Followed the same strategy, duncan, bought tpw at $4.85 on 29-October-2004 after I sold nog @$.88, bought back @$.85, and sold again @$.93.

So far the capital gain in TPW @$5.60 has been 14.3% not counting the dividend (in real terms a much larger gain than NOG would have delivered).

Yesterday, a larger volume has been traded @$5.60 and today the biggest trade went through again @$5.60.

Today $5.60 has proved to be a bit of a resistance but I am not worried about the close of $5.50 today. Totally normal trading pattern if you look back before the 16-July-2004 for the last dividend pay-out. With more than 2 weeks to go to dividend pay-out TPW will be back at least to $5.60.

At this stage I determine myself to hold past the dividend pay-out, although this will be a hard lesson for me...

I am still watching NOG with fascination but I am not tempted yet at this stage...after all Pike is too unsure as to the level of sell-down the company is prepared to take.

Lots of cash is needed to make NOG an earner (not before 2007) and the cash needs to come from somewhere...probably from the Pike float...therefore plenty of time and opportunity to buy back in.

Advanced Member

ANNANDA77 This is a long term dont sell share. The price of power will increase dramatically. The KYOTA agreement gaurantees this. HYDRO and windpower are the winners. Importing LNG to compensate depleted natural gas reserves on the cards must raise the price. This company is on a great long uptrend will buy heaps more after the divi comes out hopefully. macdunk

Great Duncan!

Agree with you 100%.

! Keep up the tight selling-discipline !

Advanced Member

agree trustpower is undervalued and longterm is a safe investment.
    However sold 3000 recently for 5-15 and bought 50000 nog options at 31.5 which are rocketing up .I suspect trustpower has plateaued at 5-50 and may drop somewhat.
    Only very small trades in trustpower and contact have good liquidity and prospects and dividends
    ?should i sell the rest of my trustpower and buy contact and nog?
    Trends look as if nogoc will be up another 20% in in the near future-probably this month .I think it could be a longtime before trustpower achieve this-but they will one day