sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default INCITEC PIVOT booming along

had a good result last month and has boomed along hitting $20 looks like more upside in this one.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=227139

Incitec Pivot makes solid start in foundation year

Successfully merged agribusiness Incitec Pivot Limited has made a solid start in its first full
    reporting year by recording a net profit after tax (NPAT) of $80.9 million excluding significant items.
    This is a 77 per cent increase on the combined NPAT of the two component businesses. It was
    produced on fertiliser sales which increased one per cent on that of the pre-merger businesses to
    2.9 million tonnes, generating total revenue of $1.14 billion to 30 September 2004.
    NPAT, including significant items of $5.8 million after tax in merger costs, was $75.1 million.
    “Such a strong financial result in a highly competitive fertiliser market still recovering from the
    drought highlights the inherent strength of our business,” said Managing Director and CEO
    Greg Witcombe.
    “The result was built on significant efficiency gains, including merger synergies, and a strong
    contribution from our manufacturing operations.”
    Incitec Pivot declared a final dividend of $1 per share, producing a total dividend of $1.29 per
    share, which represents 100 per cent of the year’s profit and is fully franked.
    For shareholders who held their investment for the full financial year, total shareholder returns –
    20 per cent in capital growth plus 8.2 per cent in dividend yield – amounted to a noteworthy
    28.2 per cent.
    Mr Witcombe said this was a pleasing outcome for all shareholders, particularly the more than
    30,000 farmer shareholders who retained their investment in the company, many of whom
    regularly buy Incitec Pivot fertilisers.
    Good capital management enabled the company to end the year with net cash of $20.8 million on
    the balance sheet, compared with net debt of $74.4 million in 2003.
    Looking to the future, Mr Witcombe said that production at Incitec Pivot’s key manufacturing plant
    in Brisbane had been secured with the signing in September of 10-year natural gas supply
    agreements to take effect in 2007.
    The company was also pleased to be part of a consortium investigating the feasibility of a worldscale
    ammonia/urea plant in Brunei. A decision on whether to proceed with the project would not
    be made until late 2005.
    “With the merger successfully bedded down and our first full financial year behind us, we now have
    the base to deliver sustainable improvements and to investigate all opportunities for growth that
    meet our strict investment criteria.”
    INVESTOR RELATIONS: MEDIA CONTACT:

What do you guys think of IPL?

The sp looks cheap at these levels for the long term portfolio.

Lower $AU
    No debt
    Good management
    Good sector
    PE of less than 5
    Good div

disc: bought some today a $2.51
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Aint there anyone interested in this great stock?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Banned

We have something in common Doc, I was looking at this one myself 2 days ago.
    My research indicates debt/equity ratio of 79.8%. ( But I'm not an accountant)

Very narrow Bollinger Bands, breakout soon either way.
    Last edited by Skol; 14-01-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    We have something in common Doc, I was looking at this one myself 2 days ago.
    My research indicates debt/equity ratio of 79.8%. ( But I'm not an accountant)

Very narrow Bollinger Bands, breakout soon either way.
    Do you have some?

I bought this morning at $2.51 and now trading at $2.61!!!

I just like the sector and management of this company.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 14-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.

IPL sp $2.75 !!

Whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    IPL sp $2.75 !!

Whats up?
    Was that a typo honorouble DR ..... a month ago

Whats up was that it is all not that rosy down on the farm and IPL have fessed up that things are pretty bad in the mining services and fertiliser world

Should read $1.75

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=313148

It was lucky I took profit when IPL sp was over $2.85. Goes to show this market is for trading only and there is more downside risks.

6 month ago this share was trading at $9.00, now only $1.70.

OUCH!
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 03-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.

In today at $1.70.....trade only.

If the sp of IPL bottoms out, it will be a good opportunity to buy some for the long term portfolio.