Quote Originally Posted by jim9358 View Post
I sped through it this morning too in ODT: Took it that CVT bought into the distributor, 49%, powerful position, but not owning them: (I'll go back to it later to check my understanding correct but by all means correct me!) There is a ton of incentive there for this distributor to continue getting it right. There was a guy on RNZ today (financial commentator) who said that he checked out one of the CVT dedicated outlets in China, in a Mall, to see out the front of the shop a "Gift Pack" to the value of NZ$750 for 5 small CVT items! The significance of that value was also in the "numerology" of that value in Chinese currency: VERY CLEVER! It is premier value product targeting wealthy Chinese. In the mid '80's I recall a fact in some article I was reading that China had a million millionaires then! CVT are doing amazing and very cleverly IMHO. Good for the ride!
CVT taking 51% of the JV

Also of note is that Zhu Guangping's (majority owner of SCNT) wife owns 5.12% of Comvita ....and after the deal the Zhu family stake in Comvita will rise to 10%.

Seems to be plenty of motivation to make all this work

Hope this bit of (so called) ramping works --- got to keep the CVT share price outperforming the EBO
share price - or maybe it's just a case of both being very good company's but one does seem to do better than the other (share price wise)