sharetrader
Page 150 of 256 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2555

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Looks as though Manuka honey was a fad.Prices have certainly come down at Pak'n Save, and it is now back on our shopping list,although Mother Earth Manuka Blend is on our avoid list, as it is horrible.
    Totally agree with you perc. The population has doubled since I first landed here...
    Beekeepers production has increased way, way, more than doubled.

As did the price of honey..

My off spring could always have a honey sandwich when ever they wanted one..

After all we were living in " Gods Own Country " A land of milk and honey..

Good to see that Honey is now back on every day peoples shopping list..

Could this be a sign ?..

What no comments recently on the results and Chairmans Report. Why has the SP spiked?

I am very curious about this too! This is an opportunity to reduce my overall loss on this terrible investment... lol

I kinda feel Scott Coulter has been turned into the fall guy for wider problems this company has had over time (though hes not victimless.

i.e. They complain their apiary business is suffering with poor harvests but they were happy to go on a buying spree of beekeeper groups to secure supply but suffer the production risk.

Now Brett Hewlett is back as the knight in shining armor to 'hand through to the new CEO a business unshackled from legacy assets...' Never mind that he and Chairman Craig were the ones presiding on the purchase of these assets (dare we talk about the Seadragon investment....)

This sort of jump on no news should trigger a please explain from the NZX if they were wide awake.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

As it's now no longer in the NZX50 a 'please explain' probably wasn't necessary.

It's up because of the take over of Bellamys' from Mengniu Dairy.

The Chinese are willing to pay significantly more than what the market values for premium NZ/AU food brands that export.

Ms Li Wang, has also been buying on market recently, now owns 17.21% of Comvita.

Also, the lowering of interest rates has helped Comvita's debt load. Quote from annual report:

Comvita has continued to operate within its agreed funding covenants and there is sufficient headroom on the funding facility.
    A take over could be in the works at $4+
    Last edited by Ogg; 23-09-2019 at 06:07 PM.

If there is a takeover, I have sold early again. But I didnt sell them all. I suppose better to make some worthwhile profit than hold on too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    As it's now no longer in the NZX50 a 'please explain' probably wasn't necessary.
    Any company listed on the NZX is subject to the rules of disclosure of material information in a timely manner.
    Thing is with Convita (deliberately misspelt)mthey have a track record of non compliance and exceptionally wild variations to forecast future performance to such an extent any investor should take anything they say with a grain of salt.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...-a-new-ceohtml

Good he's going as he clearly can't even read the mood of a meeting for goodness sake. Good companies produce good results. Really bad companies produce never ending lists of excuses.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...-a-new-ceohtml

Good he's going as he clearly can't even read the mood of a meeting for goodness sake. Good companies produce good results. Really bad companies produce never ending lists of excuses.
    An interesting article - and great they got a different version of the goings on!! At least he said about the 'poor performance'.

Doesn't look any more attractive as an investment.....
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 18-10-2019 at 04:10 PM.