sharetrader
Page 114 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2555

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I can't find this information on the NZX? https://www.nzx.com/companies/CVT

Or am I missing something here?
    Try this ...

https://www.nzx.com/instruments/CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don't accept that and to be clear I am not blaming management for the SP. If people are foolish enough to still pay north of $6 for this mutt, good luck to them. Fact is company management have made a whole series of forecasts now that have proved to be recklessly and grossly inaccurate. This is an undisputed FACT.
    At one point quite some time ago some people including myself thought management had credibility. We're a long way past that point now. The 20% gain from $10 to $12 was due to NZX50 inclusion. Some people cunningly took advantage of that temporary aberration in pricing due to index inclusion. Even now management have a $400m sales target as one of their aspirations for 2021. FCNZ, one of the more respected analysts and are in the mid-late $200m range somewhere from memory and are essentially calling out CVT's management as grossly optimistic and unrealistic.
    I really think it belongs back under $4 and all this talk of high growth has been just that, talk that's come to nothing.
    If the weather plays nice, every now and again they might make $17m which is about 40 cps and when we apply the time tested agricultural PE of 10 then we get a cyclical peak of $4. Why people are paying north of $6 still after all the recent fiasco's, go figure ?
    All very well in hindsight - it wasn't a mutt until the board and management went barking mad

my biggest regret - putting CVT in the annual comp, hoping for the takeover - it's going to spoil my christmas
    Last edited by Xerof; 21-05-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    All very well in hindsight - it wasn't a mutt until the board and management went barking mad

my biggest regret - putting CVT in the annual comp, hoping for the takeover - it's going to spoil my christmas
    Don't give up yet - Ogg reckons that the big monopoly ant Comvita may yet get taken over and it will not be successful unless the Chinese offers $10 per share.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don't give up yet - Ogg reckons that the big monopoly ant Comvita may yet get taken over and it will not be successful unless the Chinese offers $10 per share.
    The take over will happen, it's just a question of when.

Your $3 downside call was just plain wrong. The stock has already come down from $12 and the market cap today is a meagre $280m.

I bet you in the next few weeks there'll be an offer on the table. They won't just walk away. This is all just part of their plan.

I'd admit $10 is probably not gonna happen "this year." I can see at least $8 in the short term, maybe $9 if they're lucky now.

Now that the share price has dropped, so has the expectations, therefore it's the same odds as before, $2/$3 upside vs $1 downside. I'd advise those who got trapped before to double down.

It will be interesting to see if $6 holds tomorrow. I bet you it does hold. Need to wait a few days for the volume to settle to see where it's at. If it drops below $5.50 (which it won't) I might get back in, but at that price I'll be in for the long term.

At the end of the day, this stock is just cheap compared to everything else in the world today. If it was trading on the ASX or was a private company it would be double the price today. Hell, even Capilano Honey on the ASX is almost as big as Comvita now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The take over will happen, it's just a question of when.

Your $3 downside call was just plain wrong. The stock has already come down from $12 and the market cap today is a meagre $280m.

I bet you in the next few weeks there'll be an offer on the table. They won't just walk away. This is all just part of their plan.

I'd admit $10 is probably not gonna happen "this year." I can see at least $8 in the short term, maybe $9 if they're lucky now.

Now that the share price has dropped, so has the expectations, therefore it's the same odds as before, $2/$3 upside vs $1 downside. I'd advise those who got trapped before to double down.

It will be interesting to see if $6 holds tomorrow. I bet you it does hold. Need to wait a few days for the volume to settle to see where it's at. If it drops below $5.50 (which it won't) I might get back in, but at that price I'll be in for the long term.

At the end of the day, this stock is just cheap compared to everything else in the world today. If it was trading on the ASX or was a private company it would be double the price today. Hell, even Capilano Honey on the ASX is almost as big as Comvita now.
    Careful about providing investment advice, Ogg - you could find yourself in FMA's sights if someone took your advice and lost money!

Like I said before, the new Chinese owners will clear all the stock easily.
    Potential buyer was not Chinese - you read it here first.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the forum rules related to the promotion of securities and giving financial advise. And yes, its easy to get caught out providing financial advise, particularly if you do.

Particularly interesting however that you recommend people to buy securities you sold off yourself (as you admitted) ... A financial adviser on our forum who does not follow his own recommendations?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Potential buyer was not Chinese - you read it here first.
    Chinese just waiting mate.

Sun Tzu tactics ‘He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You might want to familiarize yourself with the forum rules related to the promotion of securities and giving financial advise. And yes, its easy to get caught out providing financial advise, particularly if you do.

Particularly interesting however that you recommend people to buy securities you sold off yourself (as you admitted) ... A financial adviser on our forum who does not follow his own recommendations?
    May as well close the forum down then
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    May as well close the forum down then
    Certainly a very dangerous place for people who know no better.!