sharetrader

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Threaded View

Comvita have 2 main problems going forward.......they rely heavily on the honesty of their bee keepers who, in many cases, have a huge conflict of interest.
    That is they have their own beehives as well as managing Comvita ones............ Pretty hard to manage the flow of honey or keep track of individual hives especially with Comvita's current management of this situation being to rely on good faith.
    The other big issue is the new MPI standards do not allow for plant specific manuka honey.
    The new manuka honey standards rely on the 2 chemical bases found in the honey and have completely left out the plant genetics.
    I can tell you the Bee keepers are not happy about this as they believe soon the 2 measured chemicals will be able to be made in a lab then added to any honey to comply with the new standards.
    Snapiti
    From another forum. I understand my friend Snapiti has some industry experience and I think its well worth investors on here being appraised of his insights.

I think you are spot on beagle......a spoonful of sugar added.....lol.
    I would say I am somewhat ahead of most investors when it comes to understanding the manuka honey industry from the ground up and I totally agree with you about CVT being a agri share investment.
    Investors are paying the price for valuing the company as something it is not.
    Anyone considering investing would be wise to do extra homework on this one
    After much research I am now convinced that CVT investments into manuka honey is going to take a very long time to pay off and will always be subject to weather like most agri investments.
    Anyone who does not think CVT have lots of competition is best to talk to a manuka honey bee keeper.........they will tell you that they have 10 different buyers for every drum(200 litres) of manuka honey they can produce.
    Snappers latest post. I miss him on here...he knew what he was talking about on this front at least...
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-04-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine