sharetrader
Page 135 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2555

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Analysts have also queried Comvita's move away from the unofficial grey trading channel into China — the channel that propelled it into the limelight in the first place.

Wilson says Comvita's experience is in stark contrast to fellow premium Chinese consumer play a2 Milk, for which daigou remains an important platform.

Will A2 suffer the same fate?
    That's the huge difference between ATM & CVT - one is an essential and the other is a non-essential.

Guess which is what!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's the huge difference between ATM & CVT - one is an essential and the other is a non-essential.

Guess which is what!
    Without bees and honey life on this planet wouldn't exist.

Infant formula is a man made synthetic product that doctors do not recommend you feed to your child.

I think Coulter has to go. Under his management this company has been an abject failure. Questions have to be asked about his competence in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-03-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Infant formula is a man made synthetic product that doctors do not recommend you feed to your child.
    And the China government says - really?

Guru

please elaborate and back up with science .

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    please elaborate and back up with science .
    Well, ogg is obviously right - his claim has just nothing to do with the need or the usefulness of manuka honey or the need for a company like Comvita.

I think what he wants to point out is that most of the food we produce (fruit and many vegetables) is dependant on bees pollinating them. If you take all the bees world wide away, than our food production would drop depending on which estimate you look at between 30% and 90%. No matter which one it is - at least one third of mankind would starve as well. Ouch.

http://www.fao.org/3/i0842e/i0842e09.pdf

A2 Platinum is however just another milk formula (i. e. a mixture out of milkpowder and varius sugars and other often sythetic produced chemicals) for babys whose mothers choose not to breastfeed.

Mankind survived for the last million years or so without baby formula (i.e. it is clearly not essential), while we didn't demonstrate yet that we are able at all to survive without bees. But again - no essential need for honey (except to feed the bees) and certainly not for Comvita.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, ogg is obviously right - his claim has just nothing to do with the need or the usefulness of manuka honey or the need for a company like Comvita.I think what he wants to point out is that most of the food we produce (fruit and many vegetables) is dependant on bees pollinating them. If you take all the bees world wide away, than our food production would drop depending on which estimate you look at between 30% and 90%. No matter which one it is - at least one third of mankind would starve as well. Ouch.http://www.fao.org/3/i0842e/i0842e09.pdf
    Yes, I think there is zero scientific debate on the usefulness of bees to ecosystems, although as BlackPeter points out this is a bit tangential to CVT itself. As for the infant formula thing, that's not an area of knowledge for me so I won't say much other than there are some well documented cases where the promotion of baby formula has actually caused more harm than good in developing countries due to the simple fact that water quality issues and other sanitation challenges in the preparation of bottles can make babies very sick. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestlé_boycott. But this doesn't necessarily lead to the unilateral conclusion that doctors should be advising against its use.
    Last edited by Airw0lf; 09-03-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    Yes, I think there is zero scientific debate on the usefulness of bees to ecosystems, although as BlackPeter points out this is a bit tangential to CVT itself. As for the infant formula thing, that's not an area of knowledge for me so I won't say much other than there are some well documented cases where the promotion of baby formula has actually caused more harm than good in developing countries due to the simple fact that water quality issues and other sanitation challenges in the preparation of bottles can make babies very sick. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestlé_boycott. But this doesn't necessarily lead to the unilateral conclusion that doctors should be advising against its use.
    Tens of millions of China mothers have no choice but to use infant formula (after the first few weeks of breast feeding) as thery have to work for a living.

That is the essence of 'essential' in a China context for infant formula.

Manuka honey? Will not even cross trhe mind of the China government as remotely essential - especially at the horrendous prices charged for questionable manuka health benefits!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Tens of millions of China mothers have no choice but to use infant formula (after the first few weeks of breast feeding) as thery have to work for a living.

That is the essence of 'essential' in a China context for infant formula.

Manuka honey? Will not even cross trhe mind of the China government as remotely essential - especially at the horrendous prices charged for questionable manuka health benefits!
    There's lots of choice out there: Goat Milk, Coconut Milk, Hemp Milk, Rice Milk, Almond Milk, Flax Milk, Soy Milk, Oat Milk, Cashew Milk, Macadamia Milk and let's not forget A1 Cow milk.

Breast milk is the best, that's why doctors recommend it, and that's why they also put a warning label on infant formula.

A2 milk is just as questionable as Manuka. However, they both likely have "some" benefits, and therefore they should have some premium value. The question is how much of a premium should the consumer pay.

I predict that A2 will suffer the same problems CVT has. The Manuka industry was more mature then the recent A2 movement. A2 has really only boomed in the last 10 years, where as the Manuka boom started early 2000's.

We'll start to see increased competition with A2 milk soon. This will result in more dubious operators entering the market. More fraud etc. Also, like with any other heath crazy, as time goes by it's forget and replaced with the next big thing.

There's lots of choice out there: Goat Milk, Coconut Milk, Hemp Milk, Rice Milk, Almond Milk, Flax Milk, Soy Milk, Oat Milk, Cashew Milk, Macadamia Milk and let's not forget A1 Cow milk.

Breast milk is the best, that's why doctors recommend it, and that's why they also put a warning label on infant formula.

A2 milk is just as questionable as Manuka. However, they both likely have "some" benefits, and therefore they should have some premium value. The question is how much of a premium should the consumer pay.

I predict that A2 will suffer the same problems CVT has. The Manuka industry was more mature then the recent A2 movement. A2 has really only boomed in the last 10 years, where as the Manuka boom started early 2000's.

We'll start to see increased competition with A2 milk soon. This will result in more dubious operators entering the market. More fraud etc. Also, like with any other heath crazy, as time goes by it's forget and replaced with the next big thing.
    You are completely missing the point, my dear Ogg - the China government decides what is essential, pure and simple.

It's like this - many will continue to argue until Trump gets indicted for being a pathological liar but China decides the fate of North Korea - not Trump.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-03-2019 at 11:21 AM.