sharetrader
Page 105 of 256 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2555

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    The way I look at it is CVT have moved into a high risk option,yes there is an upside if the takeover goes through,and the downside is you have a company with poor management,no growth,and piss poor profits.The SP will reflect the downside if the takeover falls over.

What you should be asking is where can I find a possible 20-30% profit in say 3 months time with less risk.I can think of several with a lot less downside risk.

Disc I do not hold CVT and are not looking to invest at the mo
    What are you talking about? There's loads of growth, still on track for $400m sales in 2021 I believe. Blaming management for the weather and the regulatory environment of the "grey channels" is unfair.

Show me a stock that will give a 30% return in 3 months while we are in this global risk off sentiment.

Wouldn't be surprised if it went into a halt next week once they realise the price isn't dropping. Based on these volumes there's strong support at mid $6. Probably mates topping up before it's a done deal.

Advanced Member

Article in the NZ Heard today

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12035419

a tub of New Zealand Manuka honey, which had a misprinted expiry date of February 29, 2019 - which does not exist, was sent back to New Zealand.

"When that product landed, [China Inspection and Quarantine] CIQ and the border said they couldn't release the product because the date didn't exist," New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) commissioner in Shanghai, Damon Paling, said.
    "I always had this idea that China was the wild west and products out of [specifications could come in] quite easily but no, it's quite the opposite," Andrews said.
    Once the Chinese buy Comvita, these sort of problems will go away

Banned

Warrior of the week award goes to Ogg, who defended his position against all comers and withstood the battle, well done. PS-Hope you manage to win the war.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Warrior of the week award goes to Ogg, who defended his position against all comers and withstood the battle, well done. PS-Hope you manage to win the war.
    I'm only in about $70k, with average around $6.80. Not really that much ahead. At least there's decent support around this level. Volume might begin to dry up as the majority wait for the take over update. I need at least $8 to justify this risk. Hopefully this will all wrap up fast so I can cash out and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    He certainly gets the quote of the week claiming CVT has a monopoly Thanks for the entertainment.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    He certainly gets the quote of the week claiming CVT has a monopoly Thanks for the entertainment.
    Second that

My second favourite quote is that CVT is a giant and the competitors are all ants. Never seen such big ants in my life!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Second that

My second favourite quote is that CVT is a giant and the competitors are all ants. Never seen such big ants in my life!
    It's not too late for you guys to get in too. No broker fees when you cash out too

Guru

Farmers Weekly chat with Neil Craig

https://issuu.com/farmersweeklynz/do...68707/60388817

"Big inventory to guard against poor harvest"

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Farmers Weekly chat with Neil Craig

https://issuu.com/farmersweeklynz/do...68707/60388817

"Big inventory to guard against poor harvest"
    Thanks for that. I love the sound of these quotes, page 14...

"We didn't want any shareholders selling out due to the downgrade and then seeing a month or so later that there's been an offer for the company"

"We wouldn't have allowed them to do [the due diligence] unless the value expectations were reasonable."

Quality of the harvest looks good too. Current stock will see them through this year.

Also, this is interesting:

"If a party ticks all the boxes we have to give them the maximum chance to make an offer"
    What kind of boxes do you need to tick to make an offer I wonder?

Feeling more confident day by day.
    Last edited by Ogg; 20-04-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Dilettante

I find it interesting that we have all these discussions on CVT thread while a little noticed and much better run company in the same (sort of) industry headquarters just down the road is steadily increasing all the right numbers. Go SEK