sharetrader

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Threaded View

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I find it interesting that we have all these discussions on CVT thread while a little noticed and much better run company in the same (sort of) industry headquarters just down the road is steadily increasing all the right numbers. Go SEK
    Seeka looks OK but the Chinese aren't gonna pay a premium for Chinese gooseberries when they can just grow it themselves.

It's kinda like the difference between gold and silver, where both have similar properties but one of them has that "X" factor which makes it worth so much more. This is why this stock is so much more exciting, because it's so hard to value this unique X factor. Some people think it's snake oil and a fad, where as others regard it as a miracle food and will pay hundreds of dollars per kg. What ever the case it's rare, and highly sort after.

Basically, the market is trying to work out the correct premium to add (if any). My opinion is that it should be significant given it's dominant market position, long trading history, it's vertical integration, and strong global brand awareness.

More importantly, it can't be recreated. The Chinese have a reputation of copying, imitating, ripping off, and circumnavigating other companies. In this situation they have no choice but to make a take over.

I'm sure you'll do well with Seeka. CVT is definitely more of a riskier stock, and not for value investors.
    Last edited by Ogg; 21-04-2018 at 01:24 AM.