sharetrader
Page 138 of 256 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2556

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Like the way Comvita are getting ‘closer to the customer’ in China .....soon they’ll be able to give them a hug
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Comvita guy on radio this morning saying now they taken control of Chinese distribution things are looking very bright for the future ...but I dozed off without hearing the end of the interview
    Wow!

So they had no control when they owned 51%? Things must have been rather sticky then, huh?

And they now expect the Chinese to work subserviently because CVT now owns 100%??????

Knowing the Chinese, they will be busy setting up a separate distribution channel for other manuka honey brands!

Meanwhile, CVT has lost 42.5% of share price value in a year - those who took the opportunity to get out with the sp spike last year with the 'takeover' which never happened must be grateful indeed!

You are assuming the Chinese aren’t buying up CVT shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    You are assuming the Chinese aren’t buying up CVT shares.
    No assumption required - the lucky buggers were paid partly in CVT shares when they first sold the 51% China company - at $10.60 per share.

Now they increase their shareholding (after seeing a massive loss on their shareholding value) via yet another share & cash consideration for the other 49% (which seemingly, CVT has no contrrol despite having 51%!).

So Comvita (now owned by the Chinese) has taken over the Chinese distribution channel?

Sounds like the Chinese have bought a NZ brand supplying NZ honey. Probably they will water it down and repackage it along the way too. Maybe I will buy some CVT shares while I still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    So Comvita (now owned by the Chinese) has taken over the Chinese distribution channel?

Sounds like the Chinese have bought a NZ brand supplying NZ honey. Probably they will water it down and repackage it along the way too. Maybe I will buy some CVT shares while I still can.

18.61% = owned by someone? New defination then of control - pass the word around to OIO, Commerce Commission and FMA.

The Kid

Comvita opening up a new sustainable warehouse Will be able to store heaps mote honey. All good.
    http://nzh.tw/12223207

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Comvita opening up a new sustainable warehouse Will be able to store heaps mote honey. All good.
    Hmm - didn't they accumulate already more than one year worth of produce during the recent bad harvest years? And now they built more storage space (presumably) for the good harvest years to come?

Just wondering whether they have a good insurance policy? I think high quality honey is combustible ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Good. I hope they stay in business though and don't try and store too much using bank debt as some of their medi honey products work a real treat. This is definitely a case for me of using some of their products rather than owning a share of the company
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

The problem with having more storage is you use more storage. Just like a meat plant with a freezer (or your chest freezer at home) - the more space you have the more you fill it up.

Given their bad harvest years and level of stock, they've got to get out there and sell some of the stuff.