sharetrader
Page 146 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2555

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Luke Bunt (Director) could use his Pumpkin Patch learnings to make Comvita great
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

So it was up 41c today, 13.18% or adding $20.3 to its market cap by the CEO quitting!! Says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    So it was up 41c today, 13.18% or adding $20.3 to its market cap by the CEO quitting!! Says a lot.
    The $20m man eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    It sure does, it tells you the market had lost confidence in Coulter.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It sure does, it tells you the market had lost confidence in Coulter.
    I think it highlights that there are a lot of idiots out there... seriously the fundamentals haven't changed its still massively over valued and if .... and its a big 'if' the CEO was indeed incompetent and out of control then what does that say about the BOD? Is the governance so weak it can allow a CEO to ramp and dump the share price to the level we have seen over last 52 weeks? The board will try to drip feed the bad news they are sitting on for as long as possible in the hope that a hail Mary gets them out of jail.

There will be a dilution through discounted capital raise and there will be a stock write down.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    I think it highlights that there are a lot of idiots out there... seriously the fundamentals haven't changed its still massively over valued and if .... and its a big 'if' the CEO was indeed incompetent and out of control then what does that say about the BOD? Is the governance so weak it can allow a CEO to ramp and dump the share price to the level we have seen over last 52 weeks? The board will try to drip feed the bad news they are sitting on for as long as possible in the hope that a hail Mary gets them out of jail.

There will be a dilution through discounted capital raise and there will be a stock write down.
    I just saw they were up to $3.70 - hysterical.... will everyone be whining when it crashes? Pretty sure there hasn't been any ramping releases from Board or outgoing CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post

Agree 100%...as to the rest of your post I would simply reiterate what I posted last month, extract herewith "I honestly don't know how anyone can have confidence in the board or the CEO now. Surely its beyond any reasonable doubt now that fundamentally their business model is broken and massive change is needed at the top and a completely new strategy needs to be invoked".
    Emphasis added.

My analysis suggests if this was a well managed and well governed company, (and it clearly isn't), it would only be worth $1.50 - $2.00.
    The current price is a relic of a bygone era when Manuka honey was perceived as being really special. Reality has yet to bite properly...but it probably will and quite soon.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-06-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well I certainly feel like an idiot. I bought 5k at 3.02 and put it straight back on at 3.22. I always sell too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Well I certainly feel like an idiot. I bought 5k at 3.02 and put it straight back on at 3.22. I always sell too quickly.
    Its okay...you're in good company, there's hundreds of people who bought at $7-$12 and feeling just like you are. I would think there are very very few new people to the market who bought for the first time in the last few days and are up and still holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agree 100%...as to the rest of your post I would simply reiterate what I posted last month, extract herewith "I honestly don't know how anyone can have confidence in the board or the CEO now. Surely its beyond any reasonable doubt now that fundamentally their business model is broken and massive change is needed at the top and a completely new strategy needs to be invoked".
    Emphasis added.

My analysis suggests if this was a well managed and well governed company, (and it clearly isn't), it would only be worth $1.50 - $2.00.
    The current price is a relic of a bygone era when Manuka honey was perceived as being really special. Reality has yet to bite properly...but it probably will and quite soon.
    Based on my experience there isn't alot of savvy operators in the honey industry.....