sharetrader
Page 256 of 256 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256
Results 2,551 to 2,555 of 2555

Thread: Comvita - CVT

If I'm right New Zealand is the 2nd largest honey exporter in the world after China.

Hi all. My latest column published on my Substack, Just the Business, takes a look at what's been happening at honey company Comvita. The headline is: Trying to explain away Comvita's bad news
    And you can find it here:
    https://substack.com/@justthebusinessjennyruth

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Ruth View Post
    Hi all. My latest column published on my Substack, Just the Business, takes a look at what's been happening at honey company Comvita. The headline is: Trying to explain away Comvita's bad news
    And you can find it here:
    https://substack.com/@justthebusinessjennyruth
    You mention ‘explain away’ ….. good term

This bit if sage advice applies to Comvita I reckon -

“in the absence of a track record of accomplishment, you should take a CEO’s plans as hopeful intent. That doesn’t mean they are lying, just that we really don’t necessarily know what they can or cannot do. There is a particular danger if they use language that resonates with you. More than once in my investment career did I fall for someone who said all the right things, except that they hadn’t done them — in the past, or as it turned out, in the future.”
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You mention ‘explain away’ ….. good term

This bit if sage advice applies to Comvita I reckon -

“in the absence of a track record of accomplishment, you should take a CEO’s plans as hopeful intent. That doesn’t mean they are lying, just that we really don’t necessarily know what they can or cannot do. There is a particular danger if they use language that resonates with you. More than once in my investment career did I fall for someone who said all the right things, except that they hadn’t done them — in the past, or as it turned out, in the future.”
    Sounds like the Labour government of Ardern, Hipkins and the Maori Cabal with the woke leftists tuning in on every utterances from the one source of truth?

Comvita of course actually has an excellent brand (best in the manuka honey industry) and is still a profitable outfit. If it gets taken over, there goes another great NZ brand and I am pretty sure the offshore buyer will know how to make the best of the brand.

In any case, David Banfield's implicit strategy of courting a takeover is now in progress?
    Last edited by Balance; 19-03-2024 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Sounds like the Labour government of Ardern, Hipkins and the Maori Cabal with the woke leftists tuning in on every utterances from the one source of truth?

Comvita of course actually has an excellent brand (best in the manuka honey industry) and is still a profitable outfit. If it gets taken over, there goes another great NZ brand and I am pretty sure the offshore buyer will know how to make the best of the brand.

In any case, David Banfield's implicit strategy of courting a takeover is now in progress?
    Dave has worked hard to find a buyer …..hope it works out for him.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”