sharetrader
Page 115 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2556

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    May as well close the forum down then
    Remember the famous line from Wall Street (Martin Sheen) : "I don't sleep with no whore and I don't wake up with no whore!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The take over will happen, it's just a question of when.

At the end of the day, this stock is just cheap compared to everything else in the world today. If it was trading on the ASX or was a private company it would be double the price today. Hell, even Capilano Honey on the ASX is almost as big as Comvita now.
    This stock is trading at 35 times current year forecasted earnings. I think you're seriously undermining your credibility on here claiming its cheap compared to everything else in the world today.
    There's some mighty fine companies WITH great track records of doing what they say they will and growing fast trading at much lower PE's than that.
    Manuka honey is not the elixir of life or a cure for cancer last time I checked BUT please feel free to post any medical studies that prove otherwise to justify the current price
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-05-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This stock is trading at 35 times current year forecasted earnings. I think you're seriously undermining your credibility on here claiming its cheap compared to everything else in the world today.
    There's some mighty fine companies WITH great track records of doing what they say they will and growing fast trading at much lower PE's than that.
    Manuka honey is not the elixir of life or a cure for cancer last time I checked BUT please feel free to post any medical studies that prove otherwise to justify the current price
    And that was a 50% earnings downgrade and share price only down 10% so far

Red herrings worked ....give the Chairman a chocolate fish ...r a IFINZ Award
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It's okay, Beagle.

Game's up for Ogg - ramping up the sp so he could/can sell out.

IMO

Or this one from the wolf of wall street
    Mark Hanna
    : The name of the game, moving the money from the client's pocket to your pocket.

Jordan Belfort: But if you can make your clients money at the same time it's advantageous to everyone, correct?
    Mark Hanna: No.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's okay, Beagle.

Not just Ogg, some dogs on here have been doing it both ways for years with continuous repetitive up and down ramps. Im pleased to note though that this is not as frequent and rammed like it used to be, hats off.

It's okay, Beagle.

But you would have to be pretty dim witted to even consider taking Oggs advise.I only follow the thread for the laughs I get from Oggs replies!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    But you would have to be pretty dim witted to even consider taking Oggs advise.I only follow the thread for the laughs I get from Oggs replies!
    Haha - it was nice, wasn't it while he lasted?

The 'double-up' advice so he could sell what was left in his portfolio was a bit too much unfortunately.

Advanced Member

Haha - it was nice, wasn't it while he lasted?

The 'double-up' advice so he could sell what was left in his portfolio was a bit too much unfortunately.
    lol. I told you I sold out at $7, check the thread a while back. I've got nothing in this.

My suggestion (**cough advice) was to buy in at $6.70 on the back of the take over announcement for a potential profit of $2 or $3 per share, with a downside risk of only $1. Even though it didn't turn out it was the right play.

I'm still confident a deal can be reached in the short term but it won't be the premium price "this year", however with the recent share price fall the odds are pretty much the same, so hence it's still in play.

The only ones laughing will the the take over party cause they've saved a heap of money on the back of a few Nervous Nellies.

Crystal clear the board and the potential buyer are miles apart so any chance of this thing going ahead is predicated on CVT proving they can justify the price with repeated run rates higher than what they're (possibly ?) on target for this year. Of course if they do achieve higher profits in the years ahead, (aka the same profit they made years ago when the weather played nice) the board will consider their shares even more valuable because a PE of at least 50 is warranted for such a high growth company with such world class management and governance didn't everyone on here already know
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-05-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine