sharetrader
Page 125 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2556

Thread: Comvita - CVT

A huge jump in price - 19c today, up to $6.49. There's sellers all the way to $8 - is something big about to be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    A huge jump in price - 19c today, up to $6.49. There's sellers all the way to $8 - is something big about to be announced?
    Not sure I would get my hopes too much up (if I were a holder). Neglegible volumes so far - only 700 went through at $6.49;

And if you look at the depth it might be more interesting to look at what the buyers are prepared to pay rather than what some sellers might wish to get.

I do see some sort of support at $6.15;

Looking at the TA: I admit that the growth the recent days looks interesting (if you just look at the SP). However - low (and diminishing) volumes and RSI now close to 90 (quite overbought) - personally I would think that a bounce back under the MA200 is more likely than a further rise.

But hey, that's just my uninformed TA view. From a fundamental perspective would I not know why anybody would want to buy at that price ... unless they managed to turn honey into gold or something but didn't tell the markets yet.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Not quite a profit upgrade but things looking honky dory from here and F19 will be a good year

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...-earnings.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not quite a profit upgrade but things looking honky dory from here and F19 will be a good year

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...-earnings.html
    I highlighted the keywords in the announcement ...

Comvita says a new strategy focusing on its core mānuka honey products and securing supply should drive higher sales and earnings.

Chief executive Scott Coulter told shareholders at today's annual meeting the new strategy should start paying dividends in the current financial year. That includes splitting Comvita into two separate divisions, one focusing on supply and the other on branding and sales. The company hopes this will lower overhead costs for both divisions and provide a stronger outlook further out.
    Some wise man once said "hope is not an investment strategy" ....
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    My wife has Hanz honey Manuka blend on her one peice of toast in the morning.Think the last jar was about $18 from Pack'nSave.Think a jar lasts her about 3 months.
    I have one green kiwi fruit before my two slices of toast with Crunchy peanut butter,no added sugar or salt.[on special at Pack'nSave $3.50 a jar last week]
    I think it is all in the mind.Wife says her honey is good for her,while I have not had a cold since starting my day with one kiwi fruit.
    Percy — you tried Pic’s peanut butter. Great little business in Nelson.

They seem to be going into other things now ....like Pic’s Blueberry Jelly
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Is this getting cheap again or is it insiders selling out on the outlook of this years honey season?

I think, normally around this time of year you can predict how good the season for honey will be.

Warmer ocean temperatures and more rainfall = another disaster season? I don't know, I'm not a meteorologists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Is this getting cheap again or is it insiders selling out on the outlook of this years honey season?

I think, normally around this time of year you can predict how good the season for honey will be.

Warmer ocean temperatures and more rainfall = another disaster season? I don't know, I'm not a meteorologists.
    PE of 30 isn't really cheap - I think probably back to where it should be but still carries plenty of risk with supply issues and China access.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Didn't they say last time around that there never will be three bad years in succession? Maybe they lied ... but more likely is they just demonstrated their incompetence.

Yes, lots of rain is bad for bees.

Ah yes - and I certainly would not use the attribute "cheap" in the context of the current CVT shareprice. Cut it in half, and I might be prepared to call it "fair" considering its seasonality. Not so sure though considering the bad luck its board and management seem to suffer from. Maybe they should try next time to pick their leaders based on competence? Just a thought.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 13-12-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    ----

Word on the street is that the harvest so far has been 'ok'. Highly dependent on Jan/Feb weather for the large Manuka tracts in the central NI. Anyone a meterologist?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Word on the street is that the harvest so far has been 'ok'. Highly dependent on Jan/Feb weather for the large Manuka tracts in the central NI. Anyone a meterologist?
    One bad season = normal
    Two bad seasons = bad luck
    Three bad seasons = climate change?

All I know is that the oceans temperatures around NZ at the moment are 1-2 degrees higher than normal. Which is a lot. There's been a higher than average amount of rain lately, but maybe it will stop by next month.

https://www.metservice.com/rural/monthly-outlook

For November: Monthly rainfall totals exceeded 120 percent of normal across the eastern North Island and exceeded 200 percent (double normal) along the east coast of the South Island
    Continued rainfall volatility from week to week.