sharetrader
Page 17 of 256 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

[QUOTE=ratkin;568554][FONT=Arial]All looking good !!

The forum always talking about milk, they have all forgotten about the honey

He He well said !

Disc: Am paid a beesite rental & each time Im paid, I buy more shares ( easy come, easy go philosophy )

While I don't see any spectacular gains, I see a nice little niche for a local industry

percy

The forecast CVT expected increase in net earnings in excess of 35% over 2015,and sales in excess of $180 million,had an immediate effect on the share price..!!!!
    That is a HUGE increase.NZ $ must be working well for them.
    Last edited by percy; 23-07-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The forecast CVT expected increase in net earnings in excess of 35% over 2015,and sales in excess of $180 million,had an immediate effect on the share price..!!!!
    That is a HUGE increase.NZ $ must be working well for them.

'Apiarists unsure if vanishing bees signal 'colony collapse'

Recent article in the NBR expressing real concerns concerning a threat to our honey industry. Something to ponder and to be mindful when investing in Comvita IMO

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post

Recent article in the NBR expressing real concerns concerning a threat to our honey industry. Something to ponder and to be mindful when investing in Comvita IMO

I prefer this bit
    Asian demand for manuka honey has seen the price for all New Zealand honey increase, amid a global honey shortage. Bees produced $187 million of exported honey in the June 2014 year, up 8 percent by volume and almost 30 percent by value on the previous year.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I prefer this bit
    Asian demand for manuka honey has seen the price for all New Zealand honey increase, amid a global honey shortage. Bees produced $187 million of exported honey in the June 2014 year, up 8 percent by volume and almost 30 percent by value on the previous year.
    bloody expensive is manuka honey in NZ --- 20 bucks a pottle or wahever they call those containers

I love manuka honey
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

We used to have an orchard which i operated organically.Unfortunately my Avocado trees developed Phytophera root rot and i had to convert to conventional to save them with up to 10 syringes sticking out of the trunk injecting phosphonic acid into the trees. I shifted to exporting and reluctantly started a spray programme. Avos have a really toxic spray regime so the fruit are perfect, free of mite and leaf roller damage etc. A beekeeper had kept many hives at the orchard using it as a base. I informed him a number of times i would be using insecticides etc and eventually when i did he kept his hives there through it all.One example of vanishing bee colony collapse.

percy

Would appear the directors,management,and staff at CVT have not read the article. lol.

Guru

Mostly around Coromandel area only at this stage though

For those who perhaps think that CVT has advanced too far, it is nice to see Sarah Ottrey buying more at current levels.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Shareholders will enjoy reading the latest Edison research - target price $7.16

http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....eport/comvita3