sharetrader
Page 175 of 256 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2556

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    "Honey may be better than conventional treatments for coughs, blocked noses and sore throats, researchers have said"
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...e_iOSApp_Other
    They said it may be better than antibiotics ... which goes without saying, because antibiotics are absolutely pointless to cure any viral disease. Non-news. Anything may be better than antibiotics in treating a cold.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I’m expecting a positive update on Monday as to current trading. They seem to have all the ducks in a row to make some decent money. I now have a large position and expect the share price to increase considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    I’m expecting a positive update on Monday as to current trading. They seem to have all the ducks in a row to make some decent money. I now have a large position and expect the share price to increase considerably.
    A possibility that the Chinese will make a move on the company once the results are out.

Yes I think it’s one of the more realistic takeover options on the NZX today

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Yes I think it’s one of the more realistic takeover options on the NZX today
    When you consider the Chinese paid $10.50 for their shares, they are going to have to takeover the company to justify their initial investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    When you consider the Chinese paid $10.50 for their shares, they are going to have to takeover the company to justify their initial investment.
    you mean "throwing good money after bad"?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I do not think that Chinese money will come. It faces NZ OIO application, and Chinese Monetary Authority Review. The biggest shareholder's husband controls the Chinese distribution channel, and CVT pays distribution fees to him if I am correct. They are lots of conflict interest with other shareholders. Couple of large unpredictable expense items really affect the final outcome. I cannot even complete the forecast of annual report of CVT.

The official website sells UMF 5+ 1kg for $79.80, but I had a few visit at Domino Road Daigou shops, all for $59.99. The same problem with other products within its distribution channel.
    Last edited by flyinglizard; 20-08-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Guru

Interestingly I chatted briefly to a lady today from Comvita. Been there quite a while, things had gone bad, didn't like old CEO, quite rated new CEO, and thought heading in the right direction.

Disc: Not a holder.

Guru

That’s good to know. Thanks for your post