sharetrader
Page 194 of 256 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2556

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Why is CVT so overpriced? P/E of 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    If you believe in analyst forecasts - forward PE is roughly 21 and forward earnings CAGR is 8. Based on these forecasts SP looks about right.

Obviously - analysts are about as often wrong as they are right, but still ... there might be potential.

Market might as well see a new and quite promising management team. I guess, it doesn't work always if they hire top guns, but if it does - the sky might be the limit. If you didn't look at the story they told in the last AGM, now might be a good time to look at it.

David Banfield (CEO since a bit more than a year) turned Methven from a tired disappointer into a star performer - and the CFO (Nigel Greenwood) used to be one of the main contributors to bring SML to its previous heights. He left Synlait before they took the dive - i.e. just watch his moves - if & when he is leaving CVT, watch whether the music might stop .

Anyway - hold a medium sized parcel and not worried :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

... actually - just checked the latest analyst consensus which went upwards after the recent announcement. Forward P/E (based on analyst estimates) is now below 20 and forward earnings CAGR would be 10.

Again - analysts are sometimes right and sometimes wrong, but so is everybody else when looking into the future. However - based on these numbers CVT does not appear to be too dear.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... actually - just checked the latest analyst consensus which went upwards after the recent announcement. Forward P/E (based on analyst estimates) is now below 20 and forward earnings CAGR would be 10.

Again - analysts are sometimes right and sometimes wrong, but so is everybody else when looking into the future. However - based on these numbers CVT does not appear to be too dear.
    Thanks BP. I appreciate the posts. I must admit I threw out the 'overpriced' line to see if any holders would come riding to CVT defense and peak my interest. Your posts did so I have done some research and have come to the conclusion CVT is a good bet.

The new strategy makes a lot of sense. Management team are stars as you say and the story makes for compelling reading, easy to get on board.

I'm going to get a small position on Tuesday

The time to get interested in CVT was when they realised that generating real cash (positive cash flows) was actually important

Always amazed me that when punters were in love with CVT and the share price headed way over 10 bucks they weren't even cash flow positive

They appear to have learnt that lesson

So probably onwards and upwards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That's a cool graph W69!

That's a cool graph W69!
    Says a lot eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Says a lot eh
    Says one thousand words... awesome graph!!
    Last edited by Habits; 25-04-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Says one thousand words... awesome graph!!
    Thanks W69!

The one thing I haven't figured out is why are they forecasting only mid single digit revenue growth? That's more in line of a mature company no? I thought with China and North America the growth could be double digit or at the very least high single digit?

I love the margin improvement and bottom line growth but top line is still important.. gains from cutting middle management and simplifying the business only happen once.

Is it more a honey bee or production issue?