sharetrader
Page 207 of 257 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2565

Thread: Comvita - CVT

CVT into a nice earnings upgrade trajectory. More to come over 2022.

Why is it 'especially encouraging' that they increased brand investment by 50% but only increased rev 4.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Why is it 'especially encouraging' that they increased brand investment by 50% but only increased rev 4.5%
    Increased brand investment means higher expenses …..so ebitda could easily have been lower than pcp on stuff all sales growth.

Investment in brands takes a little while to flow through to top line as well as bottom line

Be patient …things going well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Increased brand investment means higher expenses …..so ebitda could easily have been lower than pcp on stuff all sales growth.

Investment in brands takes a little while to flow through to top line as well as bottom line

Be patient …things going well
    Oh yes of course. Thanks W69.

Hopefully the brand investment pulls through to higher than 4.5% revenue increase in time.

A profit upgrade is coming by the look of it. Still well off the 5 year high of $11.40. Craigs currently have a outperform rating at $4.20

Full year operating EBITDA guidance is maintained at between $27M and $30M.

Not much higher than the $25,5m last year

Upgrade at next weeks ASM?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Full year operating EBITDA guidance is maintained at between $27M and $30M.

Not much higher than the $25,5m last year

Upgrade at next weeks ASM?
    maybe but if I were management I'd hold off - one great quarter under the belt 3 more to go in a business with seasonal fluctuations. While obviously I'd like the price to pop I'd rather continued nice affirmations like this in lieu of an upgrade until management had absolute conviction. and then surpassing that guidance. Kind of the track record Scales Corporation have going. I hate yo yoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    maybe but if I were management I'd hold off - one great quarter under the belt 3 more to go in a business with seasonal fluctuations. While obviously I'd like the price to pop I'd rather continued nice affirmations like this in lieu of an upgrade until management had absolute conviction. and then surpassing that guidance. Kind of the track record Scales Corporation have going. I hate yo yoing.
    CVT imo has enough earnings tucked away to deliver one earnings upgrade after another.

Name of the game when companies are going through an upgrade cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    I like it because it also lets me keep my money there for a period of time so that I don't need to sell shares at profit at a shorter time and I can avoid being trapped as a "trader" . With my such a small holding ird won't even give a care though haha

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    I like it because it also lets me keep my money there for a period of time so that I don't need to sell shares at profit at a shorter time and I can avoid being trapped as a "trader" . With my such a small holding ird won't even give a care though haha
    I hear ya. Bloody IRD - if they want to tax capital gains then we should introduce a capital gains tax. and if not hands off.
    and because of that I am very christian about my investing. Long term, put in the bottom drawer, collect the divs, and don't sweat the market.
    Wait: maybe the IRD are doing us a favour because those all sound like sensible things to do.