sharetrader
Page 210 of 256 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2556

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    I’m thinking of topping up. Be interested in your thoughts?
    Actually - I sold out after reading their Rest of Asia strategy earlier this year (I think it was in their FY presentation), i.e. I can't sell you mine anymore : Still - hype may or may not lift them at some stage and if somebody can sell the Chinese that Manuka honey is better than deer penis, than all bets are off, but otherwise I think they are just another boring agricultural company on an already rather high PE.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Craigs have a PE YE23 of 16. Chairman says good times ahead. First quarter earning up 10 percent. Good chance of an upgrade I think. Cash in bank this year with no debt and $80m of product. So on that basis I’m in..

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually - I sold out after reading their Rest of Asia strategy earlier this year (I think it was in their FY presentation), i.e. I can't sell you mine anymore : Still - hype may or may not lift them at some stage and if somebody can sell the Chinese that Manuka honey is better than deer penis, than all bets are off, but otherwise I think they are just another boring agricultural company on an already rather high PE.
    Hi BP I hate to bring up your FBU comments when they were around 3 to 4 dollars, it was a similar frame of mind though.
    Last edited by Habits; 30-10-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Hi BP I hate to bring up your FBU comments when they were around 3 to 4 dollars, it was a similar frame of mind though.
    It is very helpful imo to have dissenting opinions about stocks and what they are likely to head to.

It is also very helpful for all posters to observe who are making the right or wrong calls, and take heed accordingly.

That's what I do and it has made me heaps and save me heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Absolutely - nobody can predict the future, not me and not even you!

The difference between the two of us is that I do understand my and any humans limitations about predicting the future, while you obviously don't ; I don't try to predict the future, i.e. you are just demonstrating your inability to read and digest posts ...

I did point to some risks with FBU and I do point to some observations here; Obviously - there are always risks and there are always opportunities, which one of these are winning is up to the future and to a degree up to the whim of the market.

Anyway - I tend to get it right more often than I get it wrong ... and this is all what counts. If you can say the same about your investing skills, than you should be happy instead of trying to put others down.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

https://www.apiaristsadvocate.com/po...LjU6L-CAGxBwNI

Interesting article. Uk not currently a big market for CVT. 16 percent to 0

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    https://www.apiaristsadvocate.com/po...LjU6L-CAGxBwNI

Interesting article. Uk not currently a big market for CVT. 16 percent to 0

And knowing our exporters, they will pocket part of the tariff erased by the UKTA. Improvement in the margin on the way.

CVT had a halloween snap deal on last night. Buy an item and receive a second for free. Got myself 2x 500g manuka honey tubs for the price of 1.

50% off essentially. Bet they moved some product! Cant be good for margins thou.. i guess Briscoes does it all the time and they make heaps of money. all good

Default Could be a good time to buy.

CVT will report on Singles Day 11/11 sales. Record sales for CVT last year. Assuming the same or slightly better sales this year could see the SP return to $3.80 or even higher. I purchased my first jar of CVT honey recently and although expensive I'd never go back to cheapies from the supermarket. At $30-$40 they also make great gifts for extended family for Christmas. 🐝

Legend

The inside on what's happening within the Honey industry

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...I45DD3HJ6NCFU/

Local Focus: Boom to bust? Mānuka honey producers 'can't sell' some of their stock

Havelock North third-generation beekeeper John Berry says the quest for more mānuka honey is a cost borne by all beekeepers.

"There are about half-a-million hives too many in New Zealand at the moment," he said.

This guy has been in the industry for a long time

The prices for honey have come back considerably, including for mānuka despite all the hype you hear.

"There are hundreds of tonnes of mānuka sitting in beekeepers' sheds at the moment, that they can't sell."

"Everybody had their areas, everybody behaved themselves, but when the corporates moved in they just dumped thousands of hives right beside everybody else.

"I've got a yard down Tikokino I run 16 hives on. I came there one day and two paddocks away there were 180 hives. It just doesn't work."

Rare New Zealand's owners have been in the honey industry for seven years.

They left another mānuka-chasing Hawke's Bay honey company to start their own.

IMO .. safer to sit on the side line watching, if this is any indication of whats going on

Discl: Currently not a holder of either CVT or the other Honey outfit MEE
    Last edited by nztx; 07-11-2021 at 01:38 PM.