sharetrader
Page 22 of 256 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

percy

NBR article 6/1/2016.
    "NZ honey exports DOUBLED in November as the country benefited from demand for high value MANUKA honey".
    CVT has the supply, the product,and the distribution channels in place to take advantage of this demand.
    With the distribution channels in place they have added olive oil to their product range.Now with their investment in SEA they with secure fish oil as an add on product.
    The growth rate is far in excess of the PE ratio, so there is still plenty of share price upside potential.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    That should read - CZZ
    Yes you are correct !

Anyone know where I can find an idiot proof keyboard ?

Yes, Capilano mentioned on page 52 of the report I gave the hyperlink to earlier today, repeated here:

http://www.mbie.govt.nz/info-services/sectors-industries/food-beverage/documents-image-library/Investment%20opportunities%20in%20the%20honey%20in dustry%20-PDF%202.8%20MB.pdf

Note that Beevital is a Capalino sub-brand. The questions asked down the right hand side of page 52 are very pertinent. On the same page you will note that the UK was already into manuka honey in 2011 too.

Pages 53 to 56 in the report show other additional competition to NZ in the honey sector.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 08-01-2016 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Added the note about Beevital

Strong buy by Reuters. About 14 to 1 on the buy side in volume and ask now of $9.00 on less than 3000 volume.

Gunny

Disc: Holder and not on the sell side currently.

Advanced Member

Comvita getting into bed with one of the darlings of the ASX.

Not sure if this could potentially lead to a takeover at some stage or if it actually makes it less probable . Market seems to like this move this morning

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...=NZSE&N=278633

DISC: Holding

Makes the NZX 50 from the 13th of April and up 51c today, over 5%. Even made stuffs top 10 movers for the day. Where to next I wonder.

Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Makes the NZX 50 from the 13th of April and up 51c today, over 5%. Even made stuffs top 10 movers for the day. Where to next I wonder.

Gunny
    Well the index tracking funds will have no choice but to buy so I'd speculate the latest spurt north has plenty more legs in it yet

Possible stock split coming now its north of $10 ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-04-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Advanced Member

Things getting hot out there in this sector ,

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11618326

Handsome Member

Very sad....hard working people making a living. You would think people would work together to grow the industry but shortsightedness and short term gains from small minded people. (assuming it was poison)

Yes is sad, but not new, some hives were poisoned near me (Hokianga) a few years ago.

CVT rent my place ( & my neighbors ) for hives & have not been touched yet.
    Disc: Used my beesite rental payments to simply buy CVT shares (back when they were approx $3 ) But thinking of selling some, as CVT have become such a big chunk of my portfolio.