sharetrader
Page 232 of 256 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2556

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Comvita had their petty cash float in SVB

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...200/390537.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Comvita had their petty cash float in SVB

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...200/390537.pdf
    No worries they will get it all back , Feds bailed it all out.

Comvita put their SVB money into Bank of America

Hope it’s safe there - BoA capital apparently substantially impaired as well.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Talked to a beekeeper a week ago from Gisborne :

2023 honey season is a disaster for most honey producers, but especially manuka honey, in the North Island and no player is spared.

His own yield is down 50% from last year and quality is poor.

Reinforces the news coming out of the industry :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/country/4...re-new-zealand

"If I look at the beekeepers I've been speaking to in Auckland, Waikato, East Cape, pretty much most of the North Island, they're saying it's one of the worst seasons in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Talked to a beekeeper a week ago from Gisborne :

2023 honey season is a disaster for most honey producers, but especially manuka honey, in the North Island and no player is spared.

His own yield is down 50% from last year and quality is poor.

Reinforces the news coming out of the industry :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/country/4...re-new-zealand

"If I look at the beekeepers I've been speaking to in Auckland, Waikato, East Cape, pretty much most of the North Island, they're saying it's one of the worst seasons in 10 years.
    Heard that as well, but might actually be good news for Comvita, given that a good part of the assets on their balance sheet is aging manuka honey.

I suppose if the new harvest is bad, the value of the stored honey might rise ;

Liquid gold ...

Discl: don't hold and don't plan to invest in it ... so take this with a grain of salt ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Heard that as well, but might actually be good news for Comvita, given that a good part of the assets on their balance sheet is aging manuka honey.

I suppose if the new harvest is bad, the value of the stored honey might rise ;

Liquid gold ...

Discl: don't hold and don't plan to invest in it ... so take this with a grain of salt ...
    I asked about that and his view is that the industry is sitting on several years’ stock of low quality manuka honey but low stock of high quality manuka honey (ie. UMF >15).

Anyway, the long term players treat this year as one of those bad years which agricultural players expect once every few years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I asked about that and his view is that the industry is sitting on several years’ stock of low quality manuka honey but low stock of high quality manuka honey (ie. UMF >15).

Anyway, the long term players treat this year as one of those bad years which agricultural players expect once every few years or so.
    From memory - Comvita used to have ways more bad years than good years in the recent past ... i.e. long term players might be better off expecting a good year every few years or so ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

... have power to make you great

Colony collapse is all time high 13% I think it is, from not protecting against varroa. According to Google thousands of hives were damaged by the cyclone. So these factors will be affecting production. SP is down nearly 4 pct today

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Colony collapse is all time high 13% I think it is, from not protecting against varroa. According to Google thousands of hives were damaged by the cyclone. So these factors will be affecting production. SP is down nearly 4 pct today
    Where is the evidence to say they are experiencing 13% colony collapse or not protecting against the varroa mite ,especially as all beekeepers do not do this this until after the honey flow on a regular basis.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Where is the evidence to say they are experiencing 13% colony collapse or not protecting against the varroa mite ,especially as all beekeepers do not do this this until after the honey flow on a regular basis.
    The RNZ 630am rural report Susan Murray. That didn't come up in my google results, there is the MPI survey which echo's

"Based on reports from 41% of beekeepers managing 49% of New Zealand’s honeybee colonies, we estimate the overall loss rate during winter 2022 to be 13.5%, or approximately 98,000 colonies." Overall combined causes of 13.5 percent. Varroa makes a portion but serious and increasing. Which was explained will have increasing downstream ramification and effect from uncontrolled spread.

Bee colony loss survey | NZ Government
    https://www.mpi.govt.nz/biosecurity/...y-loss-survey/
    Last edited by Habits; 05-04-2023 at 10:24 AM.