sharetrader
Page 32 of 256 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    And obviously you have proof of what you are saying.
    Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    And obviously you have proof of what you are saying.
    100% correct.... http://www.analytica.co.nz/Tests/Hon...ast-MG-NPA-HMF

Years ago, before this was scientifically verified, a number of packers realised this from their own observations which created a arbitrage opportunity when procuring drums of manuka. They could buy honey off the beekeeper at a certain UMF level for $, knowing that in ~12 months time it would be worth much more. The partys all over now...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Honey never goes off.
    Yes it does. It can ferment and degrade. Also UMF will increase when stored in warm conditions but peaks after a while and then diminishes. When "growing" it you have to be careful about the temp you store it at, as there are ways to measure likely growth peak and subsequent degradation.

Discl: Have industry experience
    Last edited by jonu; 28-07-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Discl.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    100% correct.... http://www.analytica.co.nz/Tests/Hon...ast-MG-NPA-HMF

Years ago, before this was scientifically verified, a number of packers realised this from their own observations which created a arbitrage opportunity when procuring drums of manuka. They could buy honey off the beekeeper at a certain UMF level for $, knowing that in ~12 months time it would be worth much more. The partys all over now...
    I'm sorry, I seem to have created a misunderstanding. My request for proof was about the fact that hive thefts are made by ex-convicts who did beekeeping as part of their rehabilitation program.

I didn't know about the UMF growth, that is very interesting.

Membaa

They've hitched their wagon to Sea Dragon, I think that should give shareholders cause for thought. It could be big, or bust. Factor that in to your analysis.

All this UMF talk

I had to google what UMF was - you learn something everyday

As a consumer I've often buy Manuka Honey and haver ever noticed any UMFs on the container but then I never have really looked. If the container says Manuka it must be manuka,

The Arataki tub in the cupboard says UMF 5+ Active - according to the scale that's not very good at all (low levels one website says). Maybe the active makes up for it? At $30 for 500gms I feel ripped off big time

A BIT LATER - I see the Comvita table honey is a blend with a UMF 5+. On line 35.50

Maybe 5+ is as good as it gets for putting on toast
    Last edited by winner69; 28-07-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Yes it does. It can ferment and degrade. Also UMF will increase when stored in warm conditions but peaks after a while and then diminishes. When "growing" it you have to be careful about the temp you store it at, as there are ways to measure likely growth peak and subsequent degradation.

Discl: Have industry experience
    On no purchased NZ Manuka honey product will you find a "best buy" or "use by date" and fermented honey sounds like it would taste awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    They've hitched their wagon to Sea Dragon, I think that should give shareholders cause for thought. It could be big, or bust. Factor that in to your analysis.
    Their most recent investment represents 7.5 cps of CVT value and that after Sea Dragon spending over $10m on the omega3 facility. Chump change for a company of CVT's size.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    On no purchased NZ Manuka honey product will you find a "best buy" or "use by date" and fermented honey sounds like it would taste awesome.
    If you say so. I stand by my earlier comment.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    CVT down about 15% in the last month while NZX50 up over 7% OUCH !!

Bargain or something wrong ?

Maybe someone got spooked and decided to sell down? "China tax hits kiwi firms". Comvita and Trilogy mentioned.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11683336

Discl. holding
    Last edited by IAK; 29-07-2016 at 01:38 PM.