sharetrader
Page 4 of 256 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

I doubled holding at 84 cents but for me this is all about the business strategy of buying an incountry distributor to cheaply create a multinational structure as well as being earnings aquisitive. (earnings cheaper than the P/E rate) eg. Greenlife hong kong purchase. Other great strategy is multiplying the premium earnings that they make on the food products with medical and skincare products. ie Why sell food at just over commodity prices when the value ad products give huge multiples. If only more NZ exporters were like this one could see some purpose in investing in them.

McDouall Stuart continue to rate CVT as a BUY ..... this time citing improved prospects from selling higher margin products .... looks like this broker sees value here

Now the value investors have recognised this as a good thing and made the share price to go must be time for the techos to get on board and keep the momentum going

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...a-limited.html

thanks for the chart Phaederus.

So seems like a good hold for now. Will definatly watch for sell indicators in future.

In terms of diagnosing my failingsdo you have a longer term chart which might show the long term uptrend prior to the 1st uptrend in the chart you posted? When did that uptrend chart indicate a sell?

Also is kind of hard to use a large volume spike as a sell indicator isn't it? I mean it may indicate strength too?

In hindsight seems like the fall from the support level of 350 and the 200day ema break was the most credible sell indicator. do others agree? what are standard moving averages used by many techies? 30, 100, 200?

$100k of Comvita shares traded today probably due to their upbeat 6 monthly report. Sales of 40m, Npat of 1.6m and a 2c divvie declared for December. Good effort all round in this retail environment. Stronger gains are anticipated for the upcoming Northern Hemisphere winter.

.....yep solid company selling top products for todays markets.......plus a solid future by all accounts.
    Have a Gr8day.

Share price still rising markedly. Note that CVT are selling the licencing rights for Medihoney to Derma Sciences for the sale to the professional medical market. It seems CVT will retain manufacturing and some selling rights to other markets.

Quote Originally Posted by snackpack View Post
    Share price still rising markedly. Note that CVT are selling the licencing rights for Medihoney to Derma Sciences for the sale to the professional medical market. It seems CVT will retain manufacturing and some selling rights to other markets.
    CVT always has had tremendous potential, it just needed to clear away some of the distractions it had with the Waikato University and infighting with other suppliers over branding which it seems to be sorting out. It still has a long way to go to recover the lost ground from an SP of $3.40 more than 2 years ago when I started buying them but deals like this are what CVT should be very good at with their experienced management.

Is it a buy now Phreadus?

I don't know whether CVT is a "buy" right now, but it certainly is a "hold". The price action smashed through resistance of $1.25 late last week and has gone like a steam train since to $1.48 today.

Those traders who had recently been looking for an entry point (I was one) would have bought on Friday when it pushed through resistance and closed at $1.30.

Advanced Member

Default CVY Buy Signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint it Black View Post
    Is CVT a buy now?
    No it's not. See how oscillators show it as OverBought? Look at what happened previously whenever this occurred. Now is a time to hold - NOT buy.

Here is a list of Buy signals, ranked according to my very approximate estimate of their strength/reliability :-

(1) Breakout above previous resistance.
    (2) Break of a confirmed trendline.
    (3) Price/Volume breakout
    (4) Break of On Balance Volume trendline.
    (5) Exceptional Volume spike on Up day.
    (6) Bullish oscillator divergence.
    (7) Moving Average crossover.
    (8) Oscillator Buy signal.
    (9) Trendline respected

These signals are all marked on the chart below.

That's when CVT was a Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No it's not. See how oscillators show it as OverBought? Look at what happened previously whenever this occurred. Now is a time to hold - NOT buy.

Here is a list of Buy signals, ranked according to my very approximate estimate of their strength/reliability :-

(1) Breakout above previous resistance.
    (2) Break of a confirmed trendline.
    (3) Price/Volume breakout
    (4) Break of On Balance Volume trendline.
    (5) Exceptional Volume spike on Up day.
    (6) Bullish oscillator divergence.
    (7) Moving Average crossover.
    (8) Oscillator Buy signal.
    (9) Trendline respected

These signals are all marked on the chart below.

That's when CVT was a Buy.

Thanks Phaedrus - from what I see we have had in the past couple of days type 1 and 4 buy signals which have been countermanded by overbought warnings - is then why it is a hold?