sharetrader
Page 49 of 256 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    My fault - it's MGS - Molan Gold Standard
    http://www.mgs.org.nz/

It's used by an outfit in the Wairarapa which appears to export heaps of manuka honey / products
    Watson & Sons? Yea theyre pretty big, plus now have a tie up with Ngai Tahu to access manuka rich land...

As for MGS, somewhat competiting to UMF standard, member base is alot smaller and ~5years behind the testing development of the UMF assoc

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Watson & Sons? Yea theyre pretty big, plus now have a tie up with Ngai Tahu to access manuka rich land...

As for MGS, somewhat competiting to UMF standard, member base is alot smaller and ~5years behind the testing development of the UMF assoc
    That's them

Seem to have rather ambitious plans for the future

Market seems lucrative enough for Comvita and. Comvita wannabe
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That's them

Seem to have rather ambitious plans for the future

Market seems lucrative enough for Comvita and. Comvita wannabe
    They've always been a reasonably sized player. The 'control' over supply (and margin) has shifted from the packer, to the beekeeper and is now with the land owners. The big winners in the industry are going vertically integrated and will squeeze some of the smaller players

DOC is also looking to lease Manuka rich blocks of theirs to beekeepers in the near future.

Sure wish I could buy more CVT but I've cleaned out my CMA (asb-sec acc. !) ....bought back in after those here sold-off and going gangbusters again, they're at +15% for me!!! I've got a profit sell rule of 11% but I believe their plan, and what others say that they've a long way to go! ...so here's staying in! ;-)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jim9358 View Post
    Sure wish I could buy more CVT but I've cleaned out my CMA (asb-sec acc. !) ....bought back in after those here sold-off and going gangbusters again, they're at +15% for me!!! I've got a profit sell rule of 11% but I believe their plan, and what others say that they've a long way to go! ...so here's staying in! ;-)
    Jim , are you a trader ...why limit your profits @ 11 % .
    IMO if you do this you will not be able to make enough to make up for the inevitable losses along the way .
    Also you absolutely miss out on the supersize profits of the big winners .... You don't want to be the guy that purchased AAPL @ 10.00 sold @ 11.10 , and watched them double to 22, 44,88,176,352,704 odd then have a 7:1 split ......

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Jim , are you a trader ...why limit your profits @ 11 % .
    IMO if you do this you will not be able to make enough to make up for the inevitable losses along the way .
    Also you absolutely miss out on the supersize profits of the big winners .... You don't want to be the guy that purchased AAPL @ 10.00 sold @ 11.10 , and watched them double to 22, 44,88,176,352,704 odd then have a 7:1 split ......
    Thanks for the advice. Yep I am playing as a trader at present but settling on a good dozen I'll leave mostly alone for a year and more soon, unless dramatics happen! I've got a list of rules I 'play' by. Prefer caution. CVT I'm in with a base qty for long haul as I love this co.. But, Am in and out with small qty on top of base qty according to the dips and highs the rest of you create. One of the best advices I got over 20 years ago was from a guy who made his fortune personal trading. He said the trouble with most people is they are too greedy. His main rule was to look for just 10% and then sell. I don't know, he may have had more complex functions on top of that, ....but anyway, I do ! "Inevitable losses on the way", ...like your name I have stop-losses at - 9%! ...but again, not on all of it! ...yet to find any body with all the answers including trading houses! ...but sure is good to scope other's thoughts here! ;-)
    ...hope that helps you , what do you reckon?!
    Last edited by jim9358; 21-09-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Advanced Member

If you have a base quantity you are staying with then you can stay with the trend . Way too hard to talk specifics . Like you said always learning . If it works for you great , congratulations on having a set of rules and sticking to them . It is that discipline that is key .
    Some good posts on here from KW , if you can find them.
    Cheers S/L

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    If you have a base quantity you are staying with then you can stay with the trend . Way too hard to talk specifics . Like you said always learning . If it works for you great , congratulations on having a set of rules and sticking to them . It is that discipline that is key .
    Some good posts on here from KW , if you can find them.
    Cheers S/L
    Cheers: Is that full ID name? "KW"? ...do you mean he/she here on CVT or anywhere the whole NZX folder?
    Last edited by jim9358; 21-09-2016 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spellng

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jim9358 View Post
    Cheers: Is that full ID name? "KW"? ...do you mean he/she here on CVT or anywhere the whole NZX folder?
    Her ID was KW , unfortunately I believe most of her posts were deleted. However those that people replied with quote are still around . Never buy in a downtrend was a classic .

IMO

jim this thread here was started by KW. Some simple essential T/A to use "Using TA to time entries and exits"