sharetrader
Page 51 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Makes sense. Good on you for selling fast - no material offers left.

Agree - the last quarter was shocking - I don't dare to extrapolate the numbers to a full year. On the bright side ... maybe now I can buy the shares for $4 as I always intended?
    I said about Six months ago that people need to be careful trading this stock, itt has very poor liquidity, which was masked by the recent interest in the company. Any bad news could make it very difficult to get money out at a decent price.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Wink Should have shown a few Tiger pictures instead

Slide 14 - does not help - the (Male) 6 of the 7 'Experienced Leadership' have their hands in their pockets !

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Makes sense. Good on you for selling fast - no material offers left.

Agree - the last quarter was shocking - I don't dare to extrapolate the numbers to a full year. On the bright side ... maybe now I can buy the shares for $4 as I always intended?

Discl: not holding and hey, my broker is an optimist. They rejected my $4 order for CVT. Apparently I am too far away from the market price . Sigh - lets try again tomorrow;
    Thanks. Not sure about $4 but I think the buyers with a 9 as the first number are pretty "brave".
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Slide 14 - does not help - the (Male) 6 of the 7 'Experienced Leadership' have their hands in their pockets !

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I take it Luke wasn't present - more pressing matters at pumpkin patch?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Had a chat with the yield seeking neighbour I have. A group down the bowling club cashed in their term deposits and have had bad experiences with HLG and after cutting their losses on that went to AIR and after collecting the dividend sold them at a loss and moved into Comvita as the next hot stock. These guys apparently are pretty clique and like following each other.

Nearly $13 they paid and now lamenting another capital loss.

Brokers seem to be encouraging them poor buggers. I told him either go back to term deposits or just hold on to his Comvita shares and hope it'll be alright.

Betcha many oldies are lamenting buying shares for the dividend - but some probably done very well
    Gee, they'll be spewing now.

Default Look Harder

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Has the stripey one noticed slide 10 which also looks a bit "off" Is that a nasty looking head and shoulders pattern I see emerging in the SP graph ?

I think more concerning is the degree to which the SP has outperformed the index. Its all built on expectations of strong growth which simply isn't happening at present. One also wonders if they are talking ordinary profit being similar to last year but I would think there will be redundancy / restructuring costs with all those lay-offs so reported profit might look pretty sour.

Hope they provided shareholders with some nice honey flavoured sweet scones for afternoon tea as they'll need all the sustenance they've got to weather the shock of what's happening to the share price. Poor shareholders driving back to Auckland this evening, crikey that would be a very long drive in the circumstances...

Anyone's guess where this one bottom's out. For me, I will wait until it breaks up through the 100 day moving average again which won't happen anytime soon.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-10-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just been to meeting. Continuing to hold . I feel they have addressed the problem in China with the latest arrangement at 10.60. A good share with a long term strategy. The access to market problem is reajusting. Mr Bunt was there.

Guru

Maybe that is why they didn't take up all the SEA that was on offer with their rights issue, was the writing on the wall then ?

I've mentioned a few times the risks that exist within the NZ honey industry so wont repeat them here.

However, I feel the board have got a bit to answer for.... It states in the prezzo that 60% of their customers are Chinese, but in the sales distribution, only 33% of product is direct into Asia. Now, fudging a few number to account for sales into Japan/Korea and that Chinese reside outside of Asia, that is a hell of a grey market channel! Aligned with the fact China has one of the most volatile regulatory regimes around food you would think this risk gets discussed and actions implimented at a board level.......

There are further regulatory changes coming to the industry (MPI and CIQ) soon, and consolodation to happen with the number of players (think what happened to the Infant Formula market a few years back). No opinion on the SP but there is a certain risk premium to being associated with the NZ honey industry.

So npat about $17m for 2 years in a row - where's the growth?

Thats 42 cents a share

Say a PE of 12 is fair enough- that's $5.04 ......hmmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”