sharetrader
Page 57 of 256 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Well at least they have a 2 - 3 year window until any Ausi plantings are capable of producing commercial quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Well at least they have a 2 - 3 year window until any Ausi plantings are capable of producing commercial quantities.
    Sorry, that doesn't give me any meaningful comfort going forward. Comvita are out of stock with their Medihoney derma cream...at a time of year in summer when dermatitis can be at its worst...really makes me wonder about the integrity of their stock management systems. Many other products on their website also out of stock and not for the first time by any means. To be frank their stock management system, if they have one, looks like it doesn't have reasonable system parameters. If you're getting low on a medi honey product how hard can it be to set the appropriate low stock level in the system and get new batches made up ? If their stock management system is unprofessional and clearly I think it is, I must confess the doubt really starts to creep in about other aspects of their business operation.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-01-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Sorry, that doesn't give me any meaningful comfort going forward. Comvita are out of stock with their Medihoney derma cream...at a time of year in summer when dermatitis can be at its worst...really makes me wonder about the integrity of their stock management systems. Many other products on their website also out of stock and not for the first time by any means. To be frank their stock management system, if they have one, looks like it doesn't have reasonable system parameters. If you're getting low on a medi honey product how hard can it be to set the appropriate low stock level in the system and get new batches made up ? If their stock management system is unprofessional and clearly I think it is, I must confess the doubt really starts to creep in about other aspects of their business operation.
    Ironic considering they are sitting on millions worth of table honey they cant sell

Actually - in addition to increased competition and market woes (China) am I wondering whether this company is currently going through "growing pains at a growth ceiling".

I noticed (in a different industry) that there seem to be several ceilings a company has to break through to keep successfully growing. If they are small - organisation is basically up to the skills of an individual and communication is easy in a small team. First barrier is around 50 staff, when they need to start co-ordinate several "organisers" and find a better way to communicate than just shouting in the start-up garage. Obviously CVT managed some time ago to break this first ceiling.

However - the next ceiling seems to be between 500 and 1000 employees and potentially several different locations - this is when you need to invest serious money into processes - and you need as well the discipline to use them. You need to invest as well in good ERP systems (and in people who know how to use them). I have seen a number of companies which never managed to break through this second barrier - and their growth stalled at this stage.

Some of their problems mentioned here point to a quality system and an ERP system which is either not used or not working.

Question - would they have empowered people who know what systems a larger organisation needs to effectively organise itself and foster internal communication?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Another good post BP. Well to test their systems and because I want some, I sent them an e.mail asking when they expect the above mentioned product to be back in stock at 11.18 a.m. this morning. Got an automated response saying my enquiry has been assigned a case number and they'll revert within 24 hours. Hmmm, let's see what happens given tomorrow is a weekend and given the time of year.

Surely I don't have to make a special trip and drive into central Auckland, spend forever finding a park and go and visit their retail store, wasting at least 1.5 hours of my time as well as fuel and parking costs just to buy a $19 product ! Just as well I haven't quite used all the last tube of it yet...but really consumers should be able to rely on a company for replacement supply of what I consider to be an essential skin care need as and when required shouldn't they ? I'll let you guys know how long it takes them to get back to me and what their response is.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually - in addition to increased competition and market woes (China) am I wondering whether this company is currently going through "growing pains at a growth ceiling".

I noticed (in a different industry) that there seem to be several ceilings a company has to break through to keep successfully growing. If they are small - organisation is basically up to the skills of an individual and communication is easy in a small team. First barrier is around 50 staff, when they need to start co-ordinate several "organisers" and find a better way to communicate than just shouting in the start-up garage. Obviously CVT managed some time ago to break this first ceiling.

However - the next ceiling seems to be between 500 and 1000 employees and potentially several different locations - this is when you need to invest serious money into processes - and you need as well the discipline to use them. You need to invest as well in good ERP systems (and in people who know how to use them). I have seen a number of companies which never managed to break through this second barrier - and their growth stalled at this stage.

Some of their problems mentioned here point to a quality system and an ERP system which is either not used or not working.

Question - would they have empowered people who know what systems a larger organisation needs to effectively organise itself and foster internal communication?
    That sums it up me thinks. Rodger first world problems are real !! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    That sums it up me thinks. Rodger first world problems are real !! :-)
    Tesla owners get range anxiety and I have skin care tube depletion anxiety, no wonder psychology is such a growth profession

Roger

Prob out of stock in the retail store as well

Good sign ....sales booming ....ha ha
    Last edited by winner69; 06-01-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Another good post BP. Well to test their systems and because I want some, I sent them an e.mail asking when they expect the above mentioned product to be back in stock at 11.18 a.m. this morning. Got an automated response saying my enquiry has been assigned a case number and they'll revert within 24 hours. Hmmm, let's see what happens given tomorrow is a weekend and given the time of year.

Surely I don't have to make a special trip and drive into central Auckland, spend forever finding a park and go and visit their retail store, wasting at least 1.5 hours of my time as well as fuel and parking costs just to buy a $19 product ! Just as well I haven't quite used all the last tube of it yet...but really consumers should be able to rely on a company for replacement supply of what I consider to be an essential skin care need as and when required shouldn't they ? I'll let you guys know how long it takes them to get back to me and what their response is.
    Keeping product in stock is a fundamental. Albeit slightly more difficult when a natural product and subject to the vaugaries of weather and little bees working.

But what I took from your message was the word "essential" and that weren't considering other brands/products but considering how to get supply. Sounds like loyal consumer!

Roger - TRILOGY have some good products fir your skin

Give them a go - they need a bit of help
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”