sharetrader
Page 64 of 256 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Could be the reason why its going up today.
    Probably

Yesterday was just a storm in a teacup

Seems all hunky dory with Comvita - next year will be fine (weather and financial wise) and a guy said on the radio this morning that Seadragon is going to add heaps of value.
    Last edited by winner69; 24-01-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good on you Roger.

I have learnt the hard way from years past that profit warnings do come in two's and three's. In this case probably more so as the CEO seems clueless as to how much the China market really means to the company's sales and profits.

In the book 'Naked Trader', one of the biggest mistakes made by traders and investors is ignoring profit warnings. A profit warning means a company is in some kind of trouble or is having problems. Why take the risk just because the sp looks cheaper than what it was before?
    Thanks mate. I always appreciate you sharing your point of view with the frequent golden nuggets of information contained therein.
    Could be the reason why its going up today.
    Early days. Some people think it must be cheap because it used to be $12.80.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably

Yesterday was ust a storm in a teacup

Seems all hunky dory with Comvita - next year will be fine (weather and financial wise) and a guy said on the radio this morning that Seadragon is going to add heaps of value.
    Hope so, by the way winner how about those bowling mates of yours who got in at $13 or so.....

Up 5% after yesterdays knee jerk reaction. Obviously the Chinese shareholders see this as a buying opportunity.

And the rest of us are wondering if we cut our losses and dump this stock.....

Hope so, by the way winner how about those bowling mates of yours who got in at $13 or so.....
    They pissed off big time but going to hang in there

Like many have (or will) found out the promise of better returns from the stock market over term deposits hasn't eventuated. Chasing yield and the next big thing a mugs game unless you have some idea what you doing.
    Last edited by winner69; 24-01-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They pissed off big time but going to hang in there

Like many have (or will) found out the promise of better returns from the stock market over term deposits hasn't eventuated. Chasing yield and the next big thing a mugs game unless you have some idea what you doing.
    Ouch..feel sorry for them, hope it works out ok for them in longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by kerryo View Post
    Up 5% after yesterdays knee jerk reaction. Obviously the Chinese shareholders see this as a buying opportunity.
    Good opportunity to sell to them then.

Guru

Default The Market giveth and the Market taketh away

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    See post above titled "Sold Immediately" on 26 October 2016. I had previously sold half at around $11 when it tripped down through the 100 day MA and got the rest away at just over $10.
    Very happy to be out of this and I am planning on staying out until at the very earliest the real result is revealed for the FY17 year in late August. If they go under $3 before then I would reconsider my position. If I was still holding now, I would definitely sell at $6.50, if that's the implied question you're asking me ?
    The confirmation of the sucker rally together with the flip flop of the MA200 ($10.80) days before the Death Cross (and price plunge) gave TA investors time to get out (again)....What a beautiful death cross example .

For the Fundies this article from NZCTA (NZ China Trade Association) back in September 26th 2016 was a dire warning

Last edited by Hoop; 24-01-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kerryo View Post
    NO!..not "obviously" more like your personal presumption..

The law of physics applies to trading as well....Even crap will bounce given enough distance to free-fall
    Last edited by Hoop; 24-01-2017 at 11:01 AM.