sharetrader
Page 73 of 256 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

I note we now have Comvita branded Blis K12 products:
    http://www.comvita.co.nz/products/honeyblis/prod630259
    http://www.comvita.co.nz/products/tr...ard/prod630260

Are these a recent addition? I wonder how they are selling?

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    I note we now have Comvita branded Blis K12 products:
    http://www.comvita.co.nz/products/honeyblis/prod630259
    http://www.comvita.co.nz/products/tr...ard/prod630260

Are these a recent addition? I wonder how they are selling?
    No idea ... but if they rely on this web interface, it can't be much. It looks terrible. Can't they afford to pay for a web designer?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Didn't bother go past the first sentence showing the loss ...except had to look at the inventory number

Crickey dick - it's increased since June .... thought the bees were on strike
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I remembering questioning why increasing their inventory was so important... always looked a bit concerning to me... of course others told me not to worry and it was a great thing that they consistently increased inventories... then again, this was when the share price was in the double digits... how things have changed

Result is out and would have been profoundly shocking if we hadn't of been profoundly shocked already.

I remain deeply skeptical regarding full year forecast. CEO notes grey market channel remains key risk for 2H sales, (I think shareholders have got that already) so I think this is simply a statement giving them wiggle room on full year forecast.

CEO says challenges may remain for the next few months on the grey market channel. I think this is another classic understatement, who doesn't remember when he said in 2016 changes weren't having any effect !

New J.V. arrangement for direct distribution into China starts 1 July 2017, outside this financial year. I am pretty sure this was supposed to have been originally timetabled for implementation in March 2017 so appears to have been pushed back without any explanation, much like their sales target of $400m was pushed out from 2020 to 2021...wonder what year they're hoping to achieve $400m sales target now, 2025 ?

I think challenges will remain for at least the next 12 months and think at the current price the shares are overpriced taking into account the dramatic sea change event that's impacted the company and more importantly will impact it for the foreseeable future.

Friend of mine told me they are sitting on a LOT of low UMF honey they simply CANNOT sell. Stock level has risen and is a real concern...yet they have often been out of stock of high UMF product...
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-02-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Didn't bother go past the first sentence showing the loss ...except had to look at the inventory number

Crickey dick - it's increased since June .... thought the bees were on strike
    Maybe the other manuka based products (skincare, propolis, royal jelly etc) are not selling? Just a thought.

Advanced Member

When does this become a takeover target for private equity if it hasn't already?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    When does this become a takeover target for private equity if it hasn't already?
    $2 - $2.50 in my opinion and then they take a serious knife to internal costs.
    If I remember correctly they laid off a "whopping" 23 of about 450 staff, fiddling with costs while Rome burns ?, you folks be the judge.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

They're going to have alot more low value honey sitting around at the end of this season and when the new MPI guidelines come into force they may not be able to export it....

How long before they have to write off some of the inventory - I thought that might become the next downgrade....

Guru

What are the guys at the bowling club saying W69?

Crying in their jugs of Lion Brown?