sharetrader
Page 76 of 256 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    So - you are buying after this dip bottoming out?
    Nope.

Note to myself (again!) : never buy into a downtrend and never buy until downgrades become upgrades.

Managed to get out at $8.29 this morning after thinking about selling yesterday, but reasoning the SP was still rising, so decided to wait. Read the announcement this morning and hit the sell button immediately. It's been a good recovery from the previous bottom of $6 so happy to lock in the gain from there (even though selling at a loss from my entry point).

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So 26 October 2016 that 'we expect our net profit after tax for the June 2017 financial year will be similar to our 2016 after-tax operating earnings of $17.1m. '

Then on January 23rd 'we now anticipate that our 2017 after-tax operating earnings will be in the range of $5-7m'

And then today 'result in an after tax operating loss for the financial year ended 30 June 2017, in the order of $7m'

Enough said - i think Mr Coulter has no idea what's going on, maybe too much honey mead made him slightly delusional

First down grade $10m-$12m and this downgrade $12m-$14m. It's amazing the share price has collapsed completely. Maybe hope is a strategy
    This is only the second downgrade - third one to come.

Anyone look at the financial position? Higher inventories and losses may necessitate a capital raising?

Luke Bunt a director - companies he involved in seem to be having a bad run of late.

Least he can tell from first hand experience what high stock levels, poor sales and cash burn leads to.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Managed to get out at $8.29 this morning after thinking about selling yesterday, but reasoning the SP was still rising, so decided to wait. Read the announcement this morning and hit the sell button immediately. It's been a good recovery from the previous bottom of $6 so happy to lock in the gain from there (even though selling at a loss from my entry point).
    LOL, lucky. The guy who bought that must have been pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    This is only the second downgrade - third one to come.

Anyone look at the financial position? Higher inventories and losses may necessitate a capital raising?
    At an operational level they been cash flow negative for the last 3 half year reporting periods - to the tune of $40m

Hard to see them being cash flow positive in H2 seeing thy can't sell all this excessive inventory.

At Sept they had $4m in the bank

More family silver to be sold? Yes Balance cap raising from somewhere a possibility.

percy

The easiest way out for them is to sell stock.
    They are not in the storage business.
    The easiest way to sell stock is to "meet the market".
    Manuka Honey has been off our shopping list as it is too expensive.
    We will start buying again if and when they half the price.
    I expect others will do the same.

Neighbour was excited that Comvita had 'updated' their guidance. I didn't have the heart to tell him that up words don't always mean more profit.

He and his mates bit peeved with their 'investment' in Comvita .......but I did tell him that he should be as happy as Larry with his 'investment' in Heartland

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Neighbour was excited that Comvita had 'updated' their guidance. I didn't have the heart to tell him that up words don't always mean more profit.

He and his mates bit peeved with their 'investment' in Comvita .......but I did tell him that he should be as happy as Larry with his 'investment' in Heartland
    Yes owning the bank is way better than having money in the bank.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The easiest way out for them is to sell stock.
    They are not in the storage business.
    The easiest way to sell stock is to "meet the market".
    Manuka Honey has been off our shopping list as it is too expensive.
    We will start buying again if and when they half the price.
    I expect others will do the same.
    Problem is , it is a one off as with this weather next season isn't a given either ..... Just wish normal honey would come back down in price as well ....