sharetrader
Page 83 of 256 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

Blackrose - I understand your frustration I really do. I have held these shares. My thoughts are outlined in the posts in the previous pages and above. In summary how this company has managed itself has been pretty much an unmitigated disaster and I have lost confidence in management and this is now badly exacerbated by climatic and pestilence factors. I see no reason why these should trade at any more than the $3.90 level they were as little as two years ago, in fact I see plenty of reasons why they should trade at a lower level than that ! Plenty more pain to come. I have SOLD all my shares in CVT.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-05-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cheers Rodger.

I think at the long end of it I will white knuckle my way out of this. I ruefully acknowledge that shares and picking you will get egg on one's face and it is a bit like that. This is my first real reversal since I started share trading. I will probably sell at some sort of loss - eventually but I don't have to make that call "Right Now." I can give it another 18 months - 2 year to wriggle out.

I can grind this out I think but it is the biggest basket case in my portfolio at the moment. Grrr. Still I got the dividend early this year so I was happy with that.

As for "Sharp" - I do appreciate the Warren Buffet advice about moats and SWOT and all that, very 80s mate - blue striped shirts and power suits ahoy. Did I also detect a touch of Havard Business Review Drucker thrown in for good measure? Mmm sexy.

CVT's main strength was in Feb this year the Price per earnings was around 15.7 and gross yield 3.6% Retail confidence in China for the grumpy clean eating health food contingent that eat this stuff from health food shops.
    The weaknesses are global warming being what it is; and NZ having various storms and rain meant the bees went on smoko and never came back, then the boffins and MPI discovered a fungus. Things that are concrete and realizable fixes that have a direct impact on share price. Unlike - say really hard to trouble shoot crap like "weak consumer sentiment."

So Rodger is right that I am a complete masochist here with these shares - well that's share markets for you.

More news from the coalface.....

So there is a bit of a messup with the new suite of MPI tests for manuka export.....

The suite is consists of a series of chemical plus a DNA test (to confirm that manuka pollen is present). It has been found by the commercial providers of this test that high grade Manuka (15+) is failing this test - likely due to Manuka chemicals binding to the DNA and preventing detection (I believe there is old literature around this). Talking with a few people I dont believe MPI did their work correctly in validating the test for commercial use. There are naturally alot of very angry people in the industry as drums of highgrade manuka is now essentially worthless as they wont be able to be released for export under the current guidelines.

Look out for another kick in the guts to CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
    Cheers Rodger.

I think at the long end of it I will white knuckle my way out of this. I ruefully acknowledge that shares and picking you will get egg on one's face and it is a bit like that. This is my first real reversal since I started share trading. I will probably sell at some sort of loss - eventually but I don't have to make that call "Right Now." I can give it another 18 months - 2 year to wriggle out.

I can grind this out I think but it is the biggest basket case in my portfolio at the moment. Grrr. Still I got the dividend early this year so I was happy with that.

As for "Sharp" - I do appreciate the Warren Buffet advice about moats and SWOT and all that, very 80s mate - blue striped shirts and power suits ahoy. Did I also detect a touch of Havard Business Review Drucker thrown in for good measure? Mmm sexy.

CVT's main strength was in Feb this year the Price per earnings was around 15.7 and gross yield 3.6% Retail confidence in China for the grumpy clean eating health food contingent that eat this stuff from health food shops.
    The weaknesses are global warming being what it is; and NZ having various storms and rain meant the bees went on smoko and never came back, then the boffins and MPI discovered a fungus. Things that are concrete and realizable fixes that have a direct impact on share price. Unlike - say really hard to trouble shoot crap like "weak consumer sentiment."

So Rodger is right that I am a complete masochist here with these shares - well that's share markets for you.
    Good luck. Management have a VERY long road to hoe to restore their credibility in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cheers Rodger.

I'm impressed Blackrose that you know all these references! Genuinely, bigly, impressed!

Maybe very 80s, as you say, and academic but am a strong believe with SWOT analysis and all... unless I'm just riding the gravy train... which I do from time to time to make a quick buck... then to pay my dues to the govt at the end of the tax year.

That was an illusion - the company had no idea how it was tracking as demonstrated by yet another profit downgrade in April (in fact, not a downgrade but a cliff face fall into loss) after the downgrade in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That was an illusion - the company had no idea how it was tracking as demonstrated by yet another profit downgrade in April (in fact, not a downgrade but a cliff face fall into loss) after the downgrade in Jan.
    Their latest shock "off the face of a cliff downgrade " when all the factors driving that should and indeed were known at the time of their January downgrade tells me these guys have EXTREMLY SERIOUS issues with their forecasting methodologies.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-05-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Heya Sharp - thanks I hope that was taken with a wry smile, the 80s was a thing, and I was smiling when I was typing that.

Rodger, and Balance - you both have valid points. Clearly the management team could do with a new broom and some backside lashings. I'm also bothered by the down grades with no heads up to anyone either.

Anyway drinks and D&D with the boys. Have an awesome Friday Folks!

Got out a while back at $12. Didn't like the way things were going so put dollars into extra atm, hnz and sum. Will not be convinced to venture back in until I see the beginnings of a turnaround from management, not anytime soon I am thinking.

Gunny