G'day

I'm a new poster to the forum and was wondering whether anyone else has investment strategies based around investing in "special situations"? I guess "special situation" is open to interpretation but to me it is to do with investing in companies selling at less than NTA, takeovers, mergers, spinoffs, turnarounds, and arbitrage. I've found investing in companies selling at less than NTA to be a pretty profitable pastime, i currently hold or held (among others) RBC, TEN, HQP, TTP, CPI (asx) which i bought into after being alerted to their undervalued assets. i'm pretty much a fundamentals based investor (but use a little TA at times on the buy side) and the less than NTA scenario usually means a nice "margin of safety" (provided that 'tangible' assets really are tangible!).

Anyways, i've got some pretty large gaps in knowledge on a lot of the topics in this area such as arbitrage etc. so if any one else is willing to share their experiences and knowledge on some of these areas or point out some possible future asset plays i'd be all ears