sharetrader
Page 7 of 297 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

quote:Originally posted by Gryffyn

Looking at the depth queues the bidding seems to indicate a rise in GPG today :-)

Disc: GPG
    The truth of the pudding ...

Interesting. I like the forthwright manner in which GPG reports. Nothing held back it seems. Nice and terse too. No wading through waffle.

disc: hold GPG
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Yeah, I've sent for a full copy. Sometimes they can be a bit obtuse though - generally their tone is we know what we are doing and we hate having to keep reporting on it...
    Fantasy Premier League 2006/07, 2007/08, and 2008/09 Champion :-)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

As usual, a simplified GPG Balance Sheet (book value figures) is set out below. This provides a
    more useful analysis of GPG as an investor than the conventional group accounts.
    Simplified Balance Sheet at 31 December 2004
    £m
    Cash at Bank 193
    Debtors 14
    Coats 222
    Nationwide 9
    Staveley (UK & USA) -
    Canberra Investment Corp. 13
    Turners & Growers 44
    De Vere Group 33
    Capral 20
    Tower 35
    Share portfolio 133
    --------
    TOTAL ASSETS 716
    Creditors (24)
    Note Issues (178)
    --------
    SHAREHOLDERS’ FUNDS £514
    ====

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

Yeah, I've sent for a full copy. Sometimes they can be a bit obtuse though - generally their tone is we know what we are doing and we hate having to keep reporting on it...
    Yes. I've heard them bleating about that in the past. With some good reason for the most part.

Will be interesting to see where the SP goes today!

It's a real hare and tortoise type share - it creeps up steadily through the year as analysts revise their valuations of its holdings. No flashy one-off announcements etc like single focus shares to suddenly drive price up. Hence talked about less than many but frequently out performing them.

It's a real hare and tortoise type share - it creeps up steadily through the year as analysts revise their valuations of its holdings. No flashy one-off announcements etc like single focus shares to suddenly drive price up. Hence talked about less than many but frequently out performing them.
    Gryff what do you reckon will happen if the NZD takes a hit over the next year or so? Assets and earnings are fairly offshore-weighted, so this should in theory translate to an appreciation in the NZD sp. Funny how these chains of thought sometimes never translate into relaity.

warthog - one reason why I'm long in GPG is for that very reason. I think that over the medium to long term the $ will decline and GPGs exposure to offshore assets will be benficial.

Hello from Hungary! I have only one company I own and that is GPG. My friend asked me to invest many year ago and me is happy. What mor company like GPG is where?

now looking like a little weakness in sp but all low volume

Why go down?