sharetrader
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Stocks

TROYVDH I want a very nice cheap residential property in NZ within 2.5 years

Bling_Bling Over weight listed NZ property trusts otherwise Zilch in NZ

Enigma, having been in this MKT (ChCh) for some 30 yrs the opportunity for that to occur exists everyday....don't just get sucked into the swathe of polly brick palaces that are undoubtably due to hit the MKT in the near future.

Troyvdh That is why Iwant the general market down a lot preferably more than 20%

I really dont think the residential market will come down too much. The apartment market on the other hand is stuffed.

Here is my reason why I think the residential and commercial market will still healthy.

1. NZ economy stay strong
    2. Global commodity prices to stay strong
    3. Interest rate have flattened and may come down next year
    4. NZ is still seen as the country to live, while the rest of the world is in chaos
    5. Our clean green image is still alive an well - if only the know the truth...LOL

But, on the other hand.

1. NZers are too highly leveraged
    2. Average income has not gone up the same rate as property prices
    3. Small population
    4. Net migration for inbound slowed
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

Had an early Xmas present today, an offer on a small retail shop $2500 above my asking price here in Blenheim. A 40% return on my equity since August last year !! Very nice !! Need the bulk of the equity for a land purchase but bgt a number of PFI and KIP today ... never thought I would buy any listed property shares as I'm more of a DIYer when it comes to commercial property but I think the CNZ moves by KIP could be the fore-runner to lots of action in this sector in 2005. Also like the portfolio AMP Office Trust have put together over the last 12mths and will try and add some of these at 90c next week or early in the New Year.
    nelehdine

Banned

Hey, how's the earthquake I hear in NZ?

Gave you and your cows a bit of a scare I hope! Also hope a few of them fell into some holes as well!

You should also learn to kiss my ass, cause I think that will be your full time profession soon, HAHA!

Advanced Member

PU, a message of good cheer on xmas day from septic tank land i suppose. Best wishes my friend hope you see the light macdunk.

A few weeks back I heard that some industrial land (Waterloo Rd here in ChCh)sold for $200 psm, a year ago it went for $115 psm.I suspect that correspondingly property shares will soon gain momentum-more so than the 10 % (for example) that PFI have indicated re revaluation.

Hold PFI

Sorry to disappoint you Mr F Yu , but dairying is on a high at the moment , payout this season will be highest since 2000, farm prices still climbing, and commodity prices at record levels. The only worry is your pathetic USD , all you idiots in Septicland living on borrowed money, your reality will come soon ...
    nelehdine