sharetrader
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Property Stocks

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look like Augusta has bought into NPT so they can force them into contracts with Augusta to relinquish their assets?!

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/b...-contract.html
    Bullies. Am a shareholder in both and hope NPT shareholders tell them to take a hike.

Guru

KPG are now in on the act. NPT management support their proposal over AUG's.

Blackstones in the USA are listing in the US in January.
    They own 50000 single homes that they rent out .
    Be interesting to see how they go.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    KPG are now in on the act. NPT management support their proposal over AUG's.
    Good for both companies so they say, but not sure what is in for KPG holders.

During KPG's capital recycling of their properties they have been keeping a hold of managing the property ie 205 Queen and Centre Place. Now Majestic and North City?
    Pretty good RoE on property management!

With the risk of falling property prices, getting rid of property in favor of highly profitable management contacts is good risk management and profit taking.

Diversifying revenue streams is great but I wouldn't say theyre cashing in on property price risk - they're going to invest the cash right in to Sylvia Park and probably make it worth a billion dollars soon (incl adjoinings and SP lifestyle)

If they keep holding the management contracts for their property disposals we will have to call them Kiwi Property Management Group, but I think that acronym is already taken hehehe

Argh NPT

I hold a very small parcel of these back when I thought it would be a good idea to buy REITS as a long term hold with a big spread in case there was a problem with one of them. I now know to trust my own judgement, keep my stocks to justa few companies, bigger holdings, but still agile (liquid) stocks.

It's annoying that I have these, but can only get rid of them at a loss or wait to see which big boy ends up walking on them by request of the weak management. What a dumb situation to be in.

Augusta want to basically ransack them and bully everyone else into transfering the value into NZX:AUG. KPG figured they'd do the same, but offer less of a rip off. I agree with AUG that the management need to be shown the door, but not for the same reasons AUG want to do it.

I think I'll be voting for the KPG deal because I hold some KPG as well and it will stop AUG bullies buying the deal at a later date, by purchasing the majority share.

Terrible. Can I sell my shares to AUG for 68c each, please?

Guru

I wonder if Francis is simply p****d off that he didn't get their offer accepted at the beginning and now is using Augusta shareholders money to buy more NPT to satisfy his own ego. Augusta is acting like a bully and nobody likes bullies. Should they fail then they are going to have a large holding in NPT which they will want to get rid of and that will drive the price down and mean a loss for AUG shareholders.

I hold all three involved companies and will vote for the KPG deal. They appear more professional.

Hi all. The latest column published on my Substack, Just the Business, this morning looks at the proposal to internalise Goodman Property Trust's management contract. The headline is: Goodman proposal is a $500m “vote of confidence in NZ”
    And you can find it here:
    https://justthebusinessjennyruth.sub...a-500m-vote-of