sharetrader
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Stocks

quote:Originally posted by MoSteph

I think it's an opportune time for property companies to be looking offshore, capitalising on the strong dollar and extricating themselves levelling/declining NZ market. Some stocks are moving this way (like ttp), but the market doesn't seem to like it much, which I find somewhat curious. Any ideas?
    I agree.

TTP has done the right thing buying into the HK property market. With Macau focus turning into the Vagas of Asia and Disneyland opening in a couple of years, things are looking onthe up for HK as the tourist center for China.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

MOSteph ... I don't think the managers of the listed trusts such as KIP,PFI and APT have the mandate to start investing off-shore, most are designed to give Kiwi investors an easy entry into parts of the property market it is hard to gain an exposure to as an individual. Anyone can buy their own residential investment, but buying part of the nearest office block or shopping mall is a little more difficult !! I think there would be a stampede for the exits if these companies started buying high-rises in Shanghai or Hong Kong. If you want exposure to Hong Kong I suggest you buy shares in the local co's such as New World, Hong Kong Land, or Sun Kung Hai and then prey the USD doesn't keep falling as the HKD is pegged to the greenback.
    nelehdine

I think "pray" would be better than "Prey" sorry !!
    nelehdine

Sun Kung Hai ... possibly should be Sun Hung Kai ?? will check out and confirm ...
    nelehdine

Yep ... SHK Sung Hung Kai , 2nd biggest property co in HK.
    nelehdine

quote:Originally posted by MoSteph

I think it's an opportune time for property companies to be looking offshore, capitalising on the strong dollar and extricating themselves levelling/declining NZ market. Some stocks are moving this way (like ttp), but the market doesn't seem to like it much, which I find somewhat curious. Any ideas?
    Lots of negative sentiment and sellers in TTP at the moment with its move offshore and shareholders subject to the foreign investment fund tax implications.My view is that at 38 cents and plenty available around that level,they are good buying and I'm accumulating with a 2year plus,view.Like an excellent new season first growth wine-unpalatable at the moment,but worthwhile waiting for it to mature.

To put some numbers on it, I would be happy to see 45c end of 05,55c end of 06 and 70c to $1 plus, end of 07.

375,000 KIP specialled near the close at 111 +2 on the day ... could be a hot sector for 2005 ...
    KIP will be at the forefront of any moves.

Disc: Hold KIP & PFI
    nelehdine

Just a thought out of left-field ... this awful summer we're having will be doing KIP's shopping mall business no harm what-so-ever. Who wants to wander around CBD's getting drenched with the kids when you can be in a nice warm covered mall with abundant covered parking.

It is pouring down here in Blenheim at the moment, the grass outside is as green as a well manicured bowling green, not the usual brown colour at this time of the year. 2005 won't be a great vintage for the SavBlanc , very watery if this carries on !!!

Disc: hold 12500 KIP

nelehdine

with all due respect N (and I have 2 kids) the thought of going to a mall for something to do is somewhat depressing to say the least.As I have posted in the past the fact that shopping is now considered a form of entertainment is a very sad development.