sharetrader
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: U3O8 Uranium.

Advanced Member

The tender results comprising small quantities of U would have been executed last night.

However, it may take a few days? to get the U price.

U companies are rising so they may think it may be close to $100, perhaps over it.

Gerry

for spec picks, WMT has good management, does the consensus feel that this and this fact alone is worthy on investment in a startup of is speculation of this degree warrant another term much more serious as speculation in this market seems to provide nothin but winners, IMO as this has happened to I
    Don\'t get bitter, get better\'\'
    the late Kerry Packer

Advanced Member

Guru

Yep its a no brainer Stolwyk.

Worth its weight in Gold, Actually I beg to disagree on that one.

Worth its weight in oil, yes peak oil and the only way out is U

Spent this weekend going over U options and come up with another no brainer.

I guess I will need to purchase some on Tuesday to let the cat of the bag [8][8][8]

Cheers [B)][}]

Tricha,

Likewise I have been looking at some high growth potential plays. We are spoilt for choice that's for sure! Just look at how MTN has quadupled over the last few months - this was one I overlooked yet I knew all about it from when it was 68c! I was loading up on ones like ARU for the NPU spinoff and CUX which has done very well anyway from avge 21c>62c with more to come. I guess you can't be everywhere.

I have concluded that it is best for the pure specs to spread funds around quite a few selected hopefully "quality" plays to increase the chance of a big strike as well as aggressively load up on multiple HINs for all IPOs, plus follow the free options 3 months after listing plays closely, eg NTU. This in addition to the core long-term holds, eg for me ARU, CMR and some base metals developers like ALB, TRO, TRF.

Banned

quote:Originally posted by stolwyk

I predicted $100 in 2007-See below; but since that bad Cameco news came through, I want to upgrade that prediction to $115.

Note that my previous prediction (Made on 11 May 2006 and to last till May 11, 2007) was conservative:

Posted - 27/09/2006 : 5:11:49 PM

1. PREDICTION OF U PRICES.

COMMENT: Refer to my post of 18 June:
    "That is very low. Price on 11 May (see this thread) was already $42 and I pointed out that one can expect some additional $26 in the next 12 months to bring a total of US$68/lb".

Comment: We need to get $68 on 11 May 2007. It is now $54.00. I need another $14 to bring the price up to $68.

Sofar, 139 days have lapsed since 11 May and we gained $12. Till 11 May 2007, we could get: 365/139*$12=$31.51.

Add that to the original $42=$73.51, say US$73.50 instead of $68 predicted; so we are well on the way.

Based on $73.50, that would be an increase of 75% in one year!

However, we'll stick to $68 in the meantime. Am expecting say $100 in the year thereafter".

__________________________________________________ ____

Gerry
    Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks or metals/commodities.

If the above (113) is correct you might have to re-estimate again Stolwyk

great article in easter AFR on uranium, predicting US$135.

I hold UKL since 70c and NRU on some insider info about the upcoming uranium ann.

Advanced Member

Yes, the demand for these small parcels is very strong.

My forecast for 2007 is $175-$200. This is not an advice.

Subject to audit.

Gerry
    Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks or metals/commodities.

http://www.uranium.info/

U @ $113 spot
    Don\'t get bitter, get better\'\'
    the late Kerry Packer

Advanced Member

WILL THE U PRICE RISE MUCH MORE IN 2007?

I believe so due to the following factors:
    1. The well known problems of Cameco and ERA. This slack can't be taken up quickly because Cameco was promising to be a large producer.
    2. Global warming calls for more nuclear facilities; substitutes, although wellcome, don't give a reliable baseload of energy.
    3. There are no reasonable mines coming on stream apart from those already known and are producing. Those earmarked for production are in the main small producers and few will come in production in 2007.
    4. One producing country, Russia, wants to keep U for itself and won't be exporting apart from an arrangement it has with the US re enriched supply from old warheads. There is some argument about pricing and normally this trade would stop in 2012. I can see it being terminated earlier.
    5. The demand for U will be underestimated due to the panic caused by the talk about global warming. It is conceivable that trade restrictions may finally be put in place in the case of countries who ignore protocols designed to cut back on pollution.
    6. Before any call for finance can be made by private interests building nuclear plants, banks tend to insist that U be bought ahead of building these facilities.
    7. Some countries may supply false forecasts of needed nuclear facilities so as not to encourage U price rises.
    8. Navies are being modernized and that requires Uranium; China is doing just that.
    9. As U prices rise, U may be hoarded; also, ETFs are already in place and this alone will attract more investors as U prices rise. More ETFs are likely to be created. Storage of needed U is being done by larger producers. ETFs will contribute a lot to price rises as U is being locked up.
    10. There are no futures or derivatives, so lower prices by shorting using a lot of paper, is not possible.
    11. Small quantities of U are being auctioned and it is not too difficult to obtain much higher spot prices at every such auction. Those waiting for lower prices, will need to make a decision sometime, as the waiting list becomes longer. This alone promotes higher pricing although it may become more erratic once the price is much higher. It remains a seller's market in 2007, IMHO.
    12. The cost of U as a percentage of overall cost incurred building a nuclear facility is still relatively low.

Summarizing, these and perhaps other reasons are good enough to certify higher U prices in 2007 and $175-$200 is possible this year, IMHO.

The above is not advice but is an opinion, only.

Gerry