sharetrader
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: U3O8 Uranium.

Advanced Member

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia

Energy Resources Says Uranium Output Declines 28% (Update1)

By Tan Hwee Ann

April 16 (Bloomberg) -- Energy Resources of Australia Ltd., which produces more than a 10th of the world's uranium supply, said production of the fuel fell 28 percent in the first quarter from a year ago, due to heavy rain.

Output of uranium dropped to 1,006 tons for the three months ended March 31, Darwin-based Energy Resources said today in a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange.

Energy Resources, controlled by Rio Tinto Group, last month said it may miss some deliveries after heavy rain temporarily halted production and said first-quarter output may fall as much as 30 percent. Uranium prices have more than doubled in the past year on rising demand from power utilities and a delay in building a mine in Canada.

``The elevated water level in the mine will restrict access to ore in the second half of 2007 and into 2008,'' the company said in the statement. The company had on April 2 said 2007 production will match 2006, and fall between 25 percent and 35 percent in 2006.

The company drilled for more uranium to the east of its current pit, inside a road leading to the mine, it said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Tan Hwee Ann in Melbourne at hatan@bloomberg.net ;

Last Updated: April 15, 2007 18:55 EDT

Guru

I got this as an email today, not that I am interested in the offer, but some of the info is good.

cheers [B)][}]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A WORD OF CAUTION:

You're about to peek inside the most elite inner circle for the hottest commodity on the planet. As you might expect, the information below is highly sensitive - both in time and content.

Therefore, I ask as a professional courtesy that you keep this information to yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Reader:

As I write this, it's 4 A.M. I'm on my third pot of coffee at the office. And I just hope I get this to you on time.

Wait. Let me back up.

I was at our office in Mount Vernon earlier this afternoon, finishing up Wealth Daily, and was about to lock up when the phone rang.

As it was, I was already late to meet my family for grilled kabobs to christen our new deck and watch the Orioles game before it started raining.

But in spite of my better instincts, I answered it anyway.

Before I could even get the phone to my ear, I heard the excited voice of Greg McCoach. He was calling from his hotel room after speaking at an investment conference in Canada. And from his first words, I was hooked.

Not that I was surprised. When Greg's passionate about something, you can't help but feel his enthusiasm.

At first, I thought he was going to get me psyched about his newest blockbuster mining play. Instead, what he shared with me had my ear glued to the phone. And as I'll show you in a minute, the information could make an exclusive group of investors like you an absolute fortune.

You see, over the past year, Greg has rapidly become what you might call uranium's ultimate insider.

How connected is he?

Just imagine for a moment...

It's your job to analyze and talk with each one of the more than 600 "uranium" companies.

You go over everything - from mine status to production capabilities. You know what's going on even when they have nothing to report. You even speak with uranium's price-setting auctioneers.

Most importantly, you know which companies have nothing more than moose pasture and which ones have potential to skyrocket.

In uranium's 1,030% bull market, investing in the right companies could safely make you an absolute fortune.

Well...from the moment he wakes up until he goes to sleep, knowledge of the uranium industry has become Greg's biggest stock in trade.

He doesn't just read about companies. He gets his hands dirty.

Someone like Greg has to. He's completely obsessed with the "other" yellow metal.

In fact, over the past 17 months, he's spent a small fortune traveling around North America, visiting mines, speaking with CEOs and geologists, studying volumes of materials and rubbing elbows with the top people in the industry.

His research has earned him the reputation of an expert and brought several big gain-hungry investors knocking at his door.

But while his Mining Speculator is knocking recommendations out of the ball park, Greg phoned in to tell me he has something much more profitable.

He explained that after exploring virtually every uranium company, he just finished a report that details nine hand-picked companies that are about to experience some massive gains.

And you'd never guess which ones.

Continue...

Now, before I go any further, I need to make something crystal clear. It's the key to making a massive fortune in the uranium market.

You see, uranium's not traded like other commodities.

There are no formal markets for uranium. There isn't a uranium trading pit at the New York Mercantile Exchange. And you can't buy it as bullion.

The reason for this is simple - Uranium is a heavily regulated market. Every pound must be registered, tracked, and a

If you pay me $5,000 I will tell you of another 9 companies that will be the real thing. Read the disclaimer. Financial advise is not gauranteed.

Say your money and do your own research.

Pounds in ground vs market cap.

aussie joe

1000 seats at $5000 pa equals $5 million. After deducting expenses, still not bad money.
    Are there 1000 people out there that will pay that much?

If the list of 9 hot picks are virtually guaranteed to make you rich, wouldn't it be just a little tempting to pay the first quarterly installment, get the list of 9, pay no more, and to hell with getting any annual updates.

Advanced Member

This thread was not designed to receive direct and long adverts from financial letter writers; indeed, sites tend to delete these.

Gerry

Advanced Member

NYMEX Partners with Ux Consulting to Offer Uranium Futures Contracts
    http://www.uraniumseek.com/news/Uran...1176758264.php

Extract:
    "New York, NY, April 16, 2007 -- The New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc., a subsidiary of NYMEX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:NMX), the world’s largest physical commodity exchange, today signed a 10-year agreement with the Ux Consulting Company, LLC (UxC), the global uranium pricing index and information leader, to introduce on and off-exchange traded uranium futures products on the CME Globex® and NYMEX ClearPort® electronic platforms on May 6 for trade date May 7".

quote:Originally posted by stolwyk

NYMEX Partners with Ux Consulting to Offer Uranium Futures Contracts
    http://www.uraniumseek.com/news/Uran...1176758264.php

Extract:
    "New York, NY, April 16, 2007 -- The New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc., a subsidiary of NYMEX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:NMX), the world’s largest physical commodity exchange, today signed a 10-year agreement with the Ux Consulting Company, LLC (UxC), the global uranium pricing index and information leader, to introduce on and off-exchange traded uranium futures products on the CME Globex® and NYMEX ClearPort® electronic platforms on May 6 for trade date May 7".

Thanks Gerry

I'll be following that up
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Uranium Bull Market Too Overheated?

By Jon A. Nones
    12 Apr 2007 at 01:08 PM GMT-04:00

LAS VEGAS (ResourceInvestor.com) -- Doug Casey, chairman of Casey Research, told listeners at the Uranium Stock Summit that there are three stages of a bull market: Stealth mode, worry mode and mania mode. He said the uranium bull market is entering the mania mode.

Although the bull cycle is nearing and end, Casey said a lot of money can still be made. He said that mania stage in the dotcom era lasted about 2 to 3 years, and some of the best profits came out of it.

Rick Rule of Global Resource Investments today told listeners that we are already in the midst of a uranium mania, “an insane mania.” He recommended selling.

Casey introduced Rule as one who perpetually sells early. Rule agreed.

“I always buy too early, I always sell too early,” he said. “My yearly return is 60%, so I’m going to continue to sell early.”

Rule began his presentation saying “the thrill is gone; the easy money has been made.” He preached minimizing risks as opposed to maximizing reward giving three serious risk factors in the market today:

At 113/lb, the price of uranium does not have to go up for miners to make it worthwhile.
    Only 20-40 management teams survived the 20-year bear market in the industry, which leaves about 550 uranium companies searching for expertise.
    Most of the companies don’t have any uranium, perhaps only in the company name, and therefore the spot price is irrelevant.
    “What’s free in the uranium market today?” Rule asked. “Nothing.”

Rule used an analogy of betting on horse races. He said when a person places a bet on a horse, he or she is betting on the horse to win, show or place. Too many uranium companies today are merely threatening. Only 10% will win, place or show and 50% won’t finish the race at all, he said.

“We have two choices in this market, we can be contrarians or we can be victims,” he added. “Every great party leaves a vicious hangover, so why not stock a little Alka-Seltzer.”

He said every investor should have two exit strategies in mind:

What’s the exit strategy of the company? Are they looking to be bought out or eventually to produce?
    What’s your exit strategy? Why do you own the stock?
    “Make the money, take the money,” he said.

In a discussion panel, Jim Mustard of Haywood Securities, Kevin Bambrough of Sprott Asset Management and Dave Forest of Casey Energy Confidential all concurred that taking some profits is never a bad idea.

Mustard said investors should keep an eye on the psychology of the market and spot prices for indications of overheating.

“Don’t be afraid to sell,” he told listeners. “I do not see dark clouds on the horizon” in the commodities bull market, he said, but investors should cut back on the “pages of investments” on occasion to concentrate on the quality plays.

Mustard added that the market still has a long way to go, but “I don’t think we’re going to see this kind of growth” in the next five years.

Bambrough said Sprott has already exited Cameco [NYSE:CCJ; TSX:CCO], Paladin [TSX:PDN] and SXR Uranium One [TSX:SXR] because “everyone is looking at these companies.” He said uranium prices will top out in the next 12-18 months.

Forest told investors to take profits on market hype minus fundamentals.

“We are late in the cycle,” he said. “We’ve gone from homeruns of 10-baggers to doubles and triples.”

He recommended closely watching other commodity markets as precious and base metal price fluctuations can affect the uranium market.

“Don’t rely on the rising tide to lift all boats,” he said. “Keep in mind that things turn quickly.”

Although the easy money has been made, analysts all agreed that there are still investment opportunities available in the industry.

Investor’s just need to be “very selective,” Rule concluded.

Check back here soon for top stock picks from Rick Rule, Jim Mustard, Kevin Bambrough, Phil O’Neill of MP1 Capital and Marin Katusa of Casey Research.
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Nice article on Weekend FIN REVIEW page 44.....showing some of the uranium players that have the real immediate potentia on the market....... most of course are from South Australia !

WORK IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT !

"Never believe something is worthwhile if it compels you to break your promise"

Rudd pushes uranium bosses' agenda

Zoe Kenny
    21 April 2007

It now appears certain that the ALP’s national conference, to be held in Sydney from April 27-29, will drop the party’s “no new uranium mines” policy, adopted in 1998. This will satisfy the big mining companies’ desire to expand uranium mining. Labor leader Kevin Rudd and his “left-wing” deputy, Julia Gillard, are leading the push to scrap the policy.

A decision to scrap the current policy would fly in the face of public opinion — a May 2006 Newspoll showed that 66% of Australians, and 78% of ALP voters, are opposed to any new uranium mines or want uranium mining to stop altogether.

But with the market price for uranium at record highs, major mining companies are falling over themselves to make big profits from Australia’s vast, low-cost uranium deposits — 40% of the world’s total. Labor’s uranium push is driven by its need to prove itself a loyal servant to the interests of big business in order to get corporate backing in this year’s federal election.

The widely expected latest Labor “U-turn" on uranium will not be as big a betrayal of ALP voters’ wishes as its backflip in the early 1980s.

A year after winning the 1983 federal election, Labor’s parliamentary caucus forced the dropping of party’s position of outright opposition to the mining, processing and export of uranium — a policy Labor had held for seven years and which was a major contributing factor to its March 1983 election victory. In its place, the “three mines” policy was adopted. This allowed the continued operation of the Ranger, Nabarlek and Olympic Dam uranium mines.

Although uranium had been mined in Australia since the start of the 20th century, opposition to it did not become popular until the 1970s. The impetus for a mass movement against uranium mining was a new wave of uranium exploration and prospecting that began in 1967.

Some of the biggest uranium deposits were discovered in the Alligator Rivers area in the Northern Territory, in particular the Ranger and Jabiluka deposits. As more uranium was discovered in the region, the projected boundaries for the proposed Kakadu National Park continued to shrink until the park was half its original proposed size.

However, unlike earlier uranium mining pushes, this time the desire of mining companies to fully exploit the resources was met with a growing awareness of, and opposition to, the dangers of uranium mining. The experience of the Rum Jungle mine in NT contributed to this opposition.

During its lifetime, from the early 1950s to the early ’70s, this mine discharged hundreds of tonnes of mineral pollutants into the Finniss River, including enough radium to cause 90 million cases of bone cancer, according to a 1975 report by the Australian Atomic Energy Commission.

Trade unions were also increasingly concerned about the health effects on their members working in or around uranium mines. Since the early ’20s it was known that radon gas caused high levels of mortality from lung cancer among mine workers.

Between the mid-’70s and the mid-’80s, a mass movement developed that mobilised hundreds of thousands of people against uranium mining. This movement was given considerable support by the trade unions as well as the rank-and-file members of the ALP.

The anti-uranium movement was strengthened by the lessons gained by many left activists in the successful mass campaign against the Vietnam War. The anti-war movement had shown them the power of repeated mass street demonstrations around clear demands to draw large numbers of working people into extra-parliamentary political action, exerting growing political pressure for a change in government policy.

In 1976, the Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF), Friends of the Earth and the Movement Against Uranium Mining (MAUM) declared that they would mount a campaign as big as that waged against that Vietnam War, with the campaign as a whole deciding in November to demand a five-year moratorium on the mining and export of uranium.

Th
    WORK IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT !

"Never believe something is worthwhile if it compels you to break your promise"