sharetrader
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: U3O8 Uranium.

Advanced Member

You said I was a fraud as I wasn't G.Stolwyk.
    The arrangement with my broker has been made so Misc can contact him.

See how you two brave people will shape up.

Gerry

Talking to a broker proves nothing Stolwyck.
    I know people who have accounts set up in the following names with different brokers (for tax reasons):

- Drew Peacock
    - Hugh J****
    - Alan Drover
    - Mike Hunt

Now why wouldnt Gerry Stolwyck be just as fictitious ??

Perhaps you had better explain why there is no such person who:

- Has ever been a company Director in NZ
    - Is not on an elctoral roll
    - Is not known to the IRD

Are you an overstayer 'Gerry' ... hmmm , back to the 'East Indies' for you it seems LOL

Now ... when replying , please address ALL the above points and dont simply cut/paste/avoid to suit !

misc

Advanced Member

You are a slow learner and don't listen.

You wrote: "Now why wouldnt Gerry Stolwyck be just as fictitious ??"

I just don't understand why you don't use my Username spelt out on the left of this post: "STOLWYK" It is not "Stolwyck".

There shouldn't be any "C" in that name yet you persevere with it. If you had read a post from Enigma, he also told you to use the correct name.

There are a few with the name of "Stolwyk" in NZ. A pity, you take so much time and spent so many words to rectify your mistake.

Gerry

OK , so my dutch spelling is apalling LOL

How about answering thye quetions 'Gerry' ????????????

Misc

Advanced Member

I told you that I am a "Stolwyk". They do live in NZ. There are not many.

It is the Username (Or surname in this case) which matters only when posts are written. "Gerry" is of no consequence.

So, my name is G. Stolwyk and that should be enough. Whether I live in Auckland, Timaru or Gisborne doesn't matter, really.

Gerry, what are we up to? 49 by the looks. Charging towards 5k. Rise 'n' shine, 49.

Advanced Member

Richard Owen
    19jan05

SHARES in Rio Tinto-controlled Energy Resources of Australia, operator of the Ranger uranium mine in the Northern Territory, have vaulted another 30 per cent in the past two weeks as investors continue to zero in on the widening gulf between global demand for yellowcake and supply.

While ERA chairman Brian Horwood advised the annual meeting last year of an increasing focus on the supply side to accommodate expansion of the nuclear power industry, the bourse failed to sit up and take notice of uranium until Xstrata launched its $7.4 billion bid for rival producer WMC Resources late last year.

ERA is 68 per cent owned by Rio and another 20 per cent is held by two customer groups, leaving the market with a free float of just 12 per cent – rendering stock in the company even scarcer than yellowcake supplies.

Consequently, ERA stock has more than doubled in value over the past 12 months and closed up 42¢ at $8.41 on low turnover yesterday after starting the year at about $6.50.

Paladin Resources, which has the Langer Heinrich uranium project in Namibia and several other prospects in Africa and Australia, has also seen its stock price rocket 47 per cent this year. It closed up 2¢ at 72¢ yesterday.

However, WMC closed steady at $7.21 as investors waited for either Xstrata to raise its offer of $6.35 a share or a rival bidder to emerge.

ERA chief financial officer Rod Antal yesterday attributed the recent spike in share price to renewed sector interest following Xstrata's bid for WMC, which controls more than a third of the world's known uranium resources at its massive Olympic Dam copper gold mine in South Australia.

"It's certainly attracted the attention of the investing public to uranium, and if you look around there aren't a lot of places you can invest on the Australian market," he said.

"We are one of the rare ones . . . and we're not very liquid anyhow."

ERA's share price has been moving in lock-step with uranium prices, which have gained more than 40 per cent in the past year to more than $US20/lb.

And they are expected to rise even further and settle at around $US26/lb as stockpiles of the nuclear fuel shrink and demand balloons as more than 70 new reactors to be built in China, India and Russia come on line by 2020 – adding to the 438 already in operation.

Most of these new plants have yet to secure long-term supply contracts.

However, commercial stockpiles of the fuel – used to generate 16 per cent of the world's electricity – have halved since 1985 as mine output failed to keep pace with demand.

ERA posted a June-half net profit of $11.4 million from sales of $94.3 million and is due to report its full-year result on Friday next week – buoyed by a $10.5 million writeback against a provision following a favourable High Court win against the tax office in November.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hold PDN, SMM and CVV.TSX These have threads on ST.
    Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

Advanced Member

U3O8 up 30 cents to $US21.0/lb (Change from previous week)

http://www.uxc.com/review/uxc_prices.html

Advanced Member

Nuke power rebirth makes uranium tops
    By: Dorothy Kosich
    Posted: '25-JAN-05 05:00' GMT © Mineweb 1997-2004

VVANCOUVER--(Mineweb.com) The rebirth of nuclear power may make uranium the top commodity pick of investors at least for the next two years.

In presentations to the Mineral Exploration Roundup in Vancouver, British Columbia, Monday, at least two experts, including an executive for the Scotiabank Group, extolled the virtues of uranium.

Patricia Mohr, Vice President, Economics, Industry & Commodity Market Research for the Scotiabank declared that "uranium is my top commodity pick for investors during the next two years," noting that as of January 25 the spot price was US$21, while the long-term contract price was $25. She predicted a price forecast of spot $25 and long-term contract of $30 per pound in 2006 because utility companies have bid up long-term contract prices due to their concerns over security of supply.

"Both spot and longer-term contract prices are likely to strengthen further in coming years," she added.

Dustin J. Garrow, President of International Nuclear, Inc., declared that "after 30 years in exile, nuclear power is back." Current world nuclear capacity includes 438 reactors in 31 nations. Mohr said the total will increase to 474 reactors by 2013. She predicted that substantial expansions in Asia (38 additional reactors) and in Eastern Europe (11 reactors) will offset a reduction of 24 reactors in Western Europe. However, only 100 million pounds of uranium will be mined annually by that time.

Meanwhile, Russia is busy exporting reactors to nations such as China, India, Japan, South Korea and the region of Eastern Europe. Mohr estimated that a deficit of 175 million pounds of uranium now exists between mine supply and international uranium consumption by utilities. Garrow noted that nations such as Lithuania, France, Slovakia, and Belgium now use nuclear power for at least 50% of their electricity generation.

Garrow said that factors contributing to the revival of nuclear power are improved reactor performance, extended fuel cycles, increased generating capacity, and reduced operating costs. Expansion programs for nuclear-generated power are underway in China, India, Russia, and Finland, he added. Even the nuclear-phobic United States is granted operating license extensions for nuclear power plants, and planning new facilities.

Garrow estimated that world uranium requirements could hit more than 240 million pounds by the year 2019. Mohr In 2003, six nations produced more than 80% of an estimated 92.4 million pounds of total world uranium production. Of those, Canada and Australia produced more than 50% of the world total, he added.

Production also comes from secondary uranium sources, including the U.S.-Russian Highly Enriched Uranium Program, the U.S. Enrichment Corporation Inventory, and the Highly Enriched Uranium Inventory of the U.S. Department of Energy, according to Garrow. However, Mohr said Russia's indication that it will cut potential supplies to western markets by the time the U.S.-Russian HEU Agreement ends in 2013, This means Russia needs to withdraw about 7 million pounds yearly to facilitate the blending of HEU for its own domestic market as well as its developing export markets for which it is supplying reactors.

Garrow said the international uranium market is already making the transition from inventories to production-driven. Therefore, the future price trend will be determined by the "need price" to support new production centers. Due to potential uranium shortages prior to new mines coming on line in 2010, Garrow said a term uranium price at or above $30 per pound is not unreasonable.

Mohr said she did not view uranium as a cyclical commodity, but as a "long-term secular improvement."

Banned

See the comments today on uranium in the business section, www.smh.com.au