sharetrader
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: U3O8 Uranium.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Keep a close eye on PEN last couple months gone from 1.5c to 4.2 today with this only the start to fair value I'll be very surprised if it not trading over 15c this time next yr
    That old chestnut, hmm being a previous holder i'll be watching it as the U price soars

Keep a close eye on PEN last couple months gone from 1.5c to 4.2 today with this only the start to fair value I'll be very surprised if it not trading over 15c this time next yr
    Cheers JB will stick it on my watchlist

Quote Originally Posted by absolut-advance View Post
    Do you have WCU on that list Scrappyo, nice bit of low volume consolidation at the moment before the next leg up hopefully.
    Yeah....have a small amount at 26.5c thought about getting some more.

Quote Originally Posted by absolut-advance View Post
    Uranium is on the rise big time, great to see.
    Short to medium term there may be some support but the Olympic Dam expansion is edging closer. I'm a little less bullish on U than I once was.

All systems go in plan to dig world's biggest hole

...A final investment decision would depend on prevailing economic conditions then, most notably the copper price outlook and the ability of the world's nuclear industry to soak up the huge increase in the global supply of uranium that would come with the expansion.

...Capacity at Olympic Dam is now rated at 235,000 tonnes of copper, 4500 tonnes of uranium and 100,000 ounces of gold. When fully expanded, the operation's annual capacity will have grown to 750,000 tonnes of copper, 19,000 tonnes of uranium...

Do or do not. There is no try. ~ Yoda

Do or do not. There is no try. ~ Yoda

Banned

I posted an article on another thread that says a US Company has developed a reactor smaller than a railcar. Can be built quickly and generate 125/140MW.

Skol The reactor need not be big but the shields around it do
    Possum The Cat

I guess small and quick construction suggests more flexible planning is encouraged -
    Perhaps it is an easier decision to build if they feel that they are taking on a smaller commitment (both time and $) and enables more locations to be possible (where previously smaller power demand ruled out nuclear. And it means a scalable centre can be incrementally built.
    Against that, I imagine smaller may higher cost per watt,
    and the idea of proliferation of many little reactors makes control over hazards weaker.

Look at the size of cell phones and computers now. But I don't think we'll see a reactor in every car (like in the movie 'Back to the Future').

But it is interesting that this size reduction is being researched.
    A bit like with finding the optimum size for selling lots of wind turbines (which got bigger)

If only the spot U308 would pick up PEN ACB could get some legs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spot Uranium Falls To US$40.50
    BY RUDI FILAPEK-VANDYCK - 04/03/2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a few remarks from readers this week about my uranium story earlier this week (see “A Death Cross For Global Uranium Stocks”). The main complaint was that if two leading consultants to the uranium industry lower their spot price benchmarks to the same price level, this is not something that is “remarkable” - as I labelled it in my story.

Maybe not, but this week again shows that having Ux Consulting and TradeTech on one and the same price level has become more of an oddity than anything else. I suspect commercial motivations are behind this, but that's all I can do from my chair: assuming and speculating.

Fact is that after TradeTech lowered its weekly spot price to US$40.75/lb last week, UxC has responded by lowering its own weekly spot price indicator a tad lower: to US$40.50/lb from US$41.75/lb the previous week.

As I noted in my earlier story this week (see above) the long term price indicators as set by both consultants have now converged to US$60/lb. I haven't exactly gone through our archive, but it has been a long time since both consultants were on similar price levels for both long term and spot price benchmarks – I'd say more than a year, at least.

As a matter of fact, it now appears it lasted for a very short time only
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

If only the spot U308 would pick up PEN ACB could get some legs

Spot Uranium Falls To US$40.50
    BY RUDI FILAPEK-VANDYCK - 04/03/2010

I received a few remarks from readers this week about my uranium story earlier this week (see “A Death Cross For Global Uranium Stocks”). The main complaint was that if two leading consultants to the uranium industry lower their spot price benchmarks to the same price level, this is not something that is “remarkable” - as I labelled it in my story.

Maybe not, but this week again shows that having Ux Consulting and TradeTech on one and the same price level has become more of an oddity than anything else. I suspect commercial motivations are behind this, but that's all I can do from my chair: assuming and speculating.

Fact is that after TradeTech lowered its weekly spot price to US$40.75/lb last week, UxC has responded by lowering its own weekly spot price indicator a tad lower: to US$40.50/lb from US$41.75/lb the previous week.

As I noted in my earlier story this week (see above) the long term price indicators as set by both consultants have now converged to US$60/lb. I haven't exactly gone through our archive, but it has been a long time since both consultants were on similar price levels for both long term and spot price benchmarks – I'd say more than a year, at least.

As a matter of fact, it now appears it lasted for a very short time only

JBM..., Why the drop in U pricing in your mind, when do you think the $60 us will be achieved and why when all indicators just look lousy?