sharetrader
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast

Thread: U3O8 Uranium.

With everyone from Germany to the Phillipines suddenly rethinking the previous phase-out or cancellations of nuclear, a reasonable amount of the world supply under question, and the likes of the US suddenly looking for future supply internally or from ‘safe’ countries, I can see some very positive moves in this sector over the next few years.

Anybody have any favourites here currently? I’d imagine the pressure will be on, as usual these days, for more eco-friendly recovery methods, so can’t help but wonder if there’s any new technology brewing in that regard.

IMO

Hi good idea but have they run up already? I'm out of touch having owned BMN and Paladin in the past.Yes uranium labelled a green energy now and it's decades prob before solar,wind etc will replace oil and gas.Also Russia produc es re 25% atm

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hi good idea but have they run up already? I'm out of touch having owned BMN and Paladin in the past.Yes uranium labelled a green energy now and it's decades prob before solar,wind etc will replace oil and gas.Also Russia produc es re 25% atm
    Uranium as a short, mid and long term investment a long way to travel. Maybe a short term run up and ASX Stocks Highly volatile on week to week valuations .

However macro forces are unavoidable. Energy squeezes on gas / fossil fuels. Baseload demands for effectively Carbon Zero Energy. Combine with underdevelopment of U mines with burgeoning SMR builds creating future utility demand.

From Asia to Europe nuclear an integral part of Energy supply to 2050.

Once Spot hits $75 expect companies to create Financial Plans to reopen mines.

FYI BMN in Trading Halt. Expect new funds to tap into mine reopening in late 2022 / 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
    With everyone from Germany to the Phillipines suddenly rethinking the previous phase-out or cancellations of nuclear, a reasonable amount of the world supply under question, and the likes of the US suddenly looking for future supply internally or from ‘safe’ countries, I can see some very positive moves in this sector over the next few years.

Anybody have any favourites here currently? I’d imagine the pressure will be on, as usual these days, for more eco-friendly recovery methods, so can’t help but wonder if there’s any new technology brewing in that regard.
    DYL for Management expertise par excellence
    BMN for geography
    PEN for USA exposure and management expertise. On ASX.
    PDN for mothballed mine good to go
    UEC for USA

DYOR tho... Cheers
    Cameco for a big player in production
    LOT for new opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by mistymountain View Post
    DYL for Management expertise par excellence
    BMN for geography
    PEN for USA exposure and management expertise. On ASX.
    PDN for mothballed mine good to go
    UEC for USA

DYOR tho... Cheers
    Cameco for a big player in production
    LOT for new opportunity
    Greatly appreciated mistymountain, looks like I’ve got a lot of reading to do.

PEN had caught my eye yesterday, so nice to see a voice in favour already. Looks like they’re about to make a decision on restarting production using an assumedly improved method, so timing could be positive there.

Highly likely either:

a. Russia bans export of U to the USA
    b. USA bans import of U from Russia
    c. a + b
    d. USA make U an Essential Mineral with focus on domestic mining
    e. c + d

DYOR: some big power plays at play for U in 2022. Cheers

Nuclear Is Back on the Table for a Green Future

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/15/b...ask-force.html

Buying and holding ACB ...one of the top10 U308 deposits in the world ... shallow open pit ..
    Last edited by JBmurc; 16-06-2022 at 11:01 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Any others holding/looked at Silex? (SLX). Potentially in a very key technological position for domestic US refining for next-gen HALEU reactors.

Picked some up 6 months ago which has performed well so far. On my list of potential further top-ups in coming market madness of the next month or six. Of course, nuclear may soon become very much out-of-fashion again, for a time.

Uranium is not a curse word anymore! There is growing support for nuclear power and this video discusses some uranium prospects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i71MRFfeVfo
    Stocks Down Under Checking in on BrainChip and Weebit Nano: Investor Webinar 12 July 2023

“I just had some astounding Intel from a contact of mine who was active in the uranium industry. What he tells me is that if you do polls of the adult population you find that a majority are in favor of nuclear power.
    First of all let's talk about the price. The price of uranium has had a great 2023.
    No surprises there, uranium supply and demand uh are well and truly tilted in favor of the of the demand side whereas mine supply isn't.
    So after a long period of the doldrums that followed the Fukushima disaster in 2011 uranium is starting to look pretty good and the spot price there is improving.
    The supply versus demand dynamics for nuclear power at the moment basically there's not much capacity out there in the foreseeable future to accommodate the demand that's going to be the amount of uranium that's going to be required.”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Uranium is not a curse word anymore! There is growing support for nuclear power and this video discusses some uranium prospects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i71MRFfeVfo
    Stocks Down Under Checking in on BrainChip and Weebit Nano: Investor Webinar 12 July 2023

“I just had some astounding Intel from a contact of mine who was active in the uranium industry. What he tells me is that if you do polls of the adult population you find that a majority are in favor of nuclear power.
    First of all let's talk about the price. The price of uranium has had a great 2023.
    No surprises there, uranium supply and demand uh are well and truly tilted in favor of the of the demand side whereas mine supply isn't.
    So after a long period of the doldrums that followed the Fukushima disaster in 2011 uranium is starting to look pretty good and the spot price there is improving.
    The supply versus demand dynamics for nuclear power at the moment basically there's not much capacity out there in the foreseeable future to accommodate the demand that's going to be the amount of uranium that's going to be required.”
    Makes sense Solar / Windmill aren't going cut it to replace FF
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu