sharetrader
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

TRS has now burst through the $8.00 per share barrier and the $200 milion market cap milestone.

Close reading of the annual report suggests this half will be a cracker. After that, though (come March), could be time to take profits around $10/share?

The Reject Shop. (TRS)

Continues to be a Long Term Hold for myself too One Up !! []

(TRS) Has been a beautiful example of "Set and Forget" type share with magnificent --- "year on year"-- compounding ....value plus.... "out performance".

Kindest Regards,

Robbo
    Robbo

TRS being sold off rather heavily at the moment...to $7.40.

Any ideas why? I'm guessing some profit taking.

Retail sales look to be up 0.6% in September. Looking good for the half year.

I agree Oneup, it is probably profit taking. A good opportunity to buy a few more.
    Cheers

BobbyVee

TRS..

Yep. Also do Agree guys...

Regards,

Robbo
    Robbo

Sold as low as $7.05 two days ago. $7.75 now. Which fund manager will be shot for that balls up?

Sold 1/3 today. I still believe this business will have superior growth for many years to come. The high valuation however tells me that the wider market also think so. Saying that: Lynch, Fisher and Buffet probably would have held on.

quote:Originally posted by contrarianinvestor
    The high valuation
    Is a PE of 22 a high valuation for a company growing 20-30% per year? (and 38% last year)

TRS. (The Reject Shop)-- TRS

Yes, I do also Agree with your proposition CI.... about:-- P. Lynch and W. Buffett, re your last TRS post ... Contrarian-Investor.(CI).

A TRS's investor's Decision may.... Probably/possibly--??-- may also depend on:

(1) What Price you entered:-- as an investor, The Reject Shop (TRS)

(2) Your Tax situation---- at the Australian Company Rate you have to pay out 30% of your capital gains-- so on $100K invested-- you would have to pay now $90K in ....Company Tax.... by selling now, assuming no offset deductions, if you entered TRS at $2.00.

(2) If you entered TRS at $2.00 like myself and One Up-- . then obvously every increment of 40 cents rise, represents a capital gain of yet....another ....compounding 20% on the initial invested Capital, in TRS ordinary stock.

Also agree with you Contraian-Investor..... in that....

...-- .... Say the TRS share is approx, is still .....'only' ....... $8.00 when TRS's next fully franked Dividends are declared -- The TRS Investors from 2 years ago are now currently receiving, a very commendable-- 14.8% Dividend; which is also-- Fully Franked ---- on their initial TRS invested capital--.....

This is, imo only, excellent compounding -- ie: period on period --- genuine relaaaxed == [8D] Wealth Creation, imo.

All in all, $100K invested in TRS originally 2 short years ago, is now worth $400,000K ---(in what I would argue, is a reasonably 'recession proof' -- Easy to "sleep at night" Investment-- and with overall good 'defensive properties-- and is a safe 'low relative risk' -- imo -- intrinsically rational investment.... in a truly proven .....Quality Business Model.

Also that $100K invested in TRS originally-- is giving the current original TRS Investor now : $284.00 Tax Free Weekly Dollars -[] (fully franked)-- for 52 weeks a year....and increasing ...... week on week, and year on year.

One could now, imo, lay a strong case, (RE. TRS) ---- that this (TRS) will continue in the future; to outperform the Bond Rate/CPI inflation risk by at least nine(9) fold...... (ie: approx 4.5% x times 9 = 40.5 %...which is still too conmservative imo !!)....[]-- Oh the joys of compounding !! -- [^]

... >> So Yes C.I.: -- I do definitely agree with you Contrarian--Investor.

Re: TRS, I agree with you, and also feel that Peter Lynch and Warren Buffett would still continue to hold TRS.

Kindest Regards,

Robbo

DISCLAIMER
    Views expressed in this email and/or internet correspondences, are my tentative thoughts and opinions only. These views are not to be read as being, or forming…. any form of a recommendation; of any sort whatsoever. Rather, they just simply personal opinions, and are NOT financial advice. Furthermore, these views are unwarranted and ought not to be read, as other than personal opinion and speculations, and are not warranted in any way whatsoever, either expressed or implied, for their accuracy, veracity, or likely predictive outcome. Furthermore, these comments are highly subjective and prejudiced by the writers own opinions and outlook. Therefore these views may be prone to errors, as they have not been checked by a third party, and are possibly incomplete and/or inaccurate. The opinions expressed here; are strictly on a “Without Prejudice” basis only. These personal subjective thoughts herein expressed, are only one view among many, and at best; are only the author’s whimsical thoughts, impressions, and intuitions. Obviously, as with all opinions, they are open to discussion and refutation, as well as consideration of other interpretations and review. For any investment decision, always do your own separate investigations and research, and always seek your own qualified and authorized third party independent financial advice.

Kindest Regards

Robbo

[quote]<font size="1" fa
    Robbo

quote:Originally posted by OneUp
    Is a PE of 22 a high valuation for a company growing 20-30% per year? (and 38% last year)
    20-30% growth - No.
    15-18% growth - Yes.

I'm not going to bet a large proportion of my share portfolio on TRS to grow 20-30% for the next 5-15 years. I think 15-18% may be more realistic. Since I still have 2/3 left I certainly hope for 20-30%!