sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There was a land developer in Cromwell that went bust a few months ago. I think he had about a 100 section development, and the section buyers are now creditors.

Advanced Member

What most people have to understand is that it costs a lot of money, and unexpected bills in developing bare land. This is a very risky business if you borrow to much, and time the market wrong. On the otherhand if you time the market and borrow heaps you will win out big. macdunk

quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

What most people have to understand is that it costs a lot of money, and unexpected bills in developing bare land. This is a very risky business if you borrow to much, and time the market wrong. On the otherhand if you time the market and borrow heaps you will win out big. macdunk
    yeah i know much the same in spec-building costs only going up
    even with a gross sale of 862,000 to many costs will mean my company will make very little from this job , even though the land was brought 70,000-80,000 cheaper than whats on sale now[xx(][xx(]

"With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

in case the original author is still wondering lol...the average price is something like $250,000. dont c that that should help you much but there u go.