sharetrader

Default TRADERS-Plans & Profit Strategies

Until recently I have only been interested in investing long term and have kept away from trading.I have been a LT investor for about 25 yrs.

Over the last 12 mths I have learnt some of the TA basics as an aid to FA and have started with a plan for Trading.I am fully aware of the tax implications.

I will outline my plan for Trading and would appreciate advice from experienced Traders.

PLAN
    (a)I have set aside a specific amount for trading (15% of total)

(b I will only trade coys that I hold in my LT portfolio because I have researched them fully,they all have strong earnings growth,and are in an uptrend.

(c)I buy when the simple TA indicators that I use indicate a buy.

I have completed 3 trades in Dec as follows-FBU 15.2% gain in 7 wks,FBU 11.8% gain in 6 wks,RYM 8.7% gain in 3 wks (all after broker costs)

Here are my questions:

(1)Do you look to make a set % and sell immediately this is achieved?
    (2)Do you have a time frame in mind to hold for?
    (3)What is the average profit you would look to make in a yr-ie if you have say $50k set aside for trading would you expect a profit of $50k-another words 100% gain?

Any advice would be appreciated.

kj. As an ignorant newbie I am sorry i cannot help with advice but am also looking at some simple TA.Would like to know what simple TA indicators you use when buying. Cheers

Proudwestie-I am trying to keep things as simple as possible and do not trade unless the simple TA rules that I follow and fundamental analyses agree.I never buy if stock not in an uptrend.

I use Bollinger bands and RSI index-with BB I look for a crossover of the price line with the bottom band.At the same time the RSI index must drop to below 15 and the price start to rise.

Stock must be in an uptrend and fundamentals must be sound.

KJ Many thanx.Very interesting and helpful.Am on a fascinating learning curve. Cheers