sharetrader
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Quite often, the reality is that these "professional advisers" are just salespeople for Blue Chip. A simple scratch at the surface should have given this away...
    So that's where the money went!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10496981

Tin-foil Hatter

Prime Minister called on to Freeze Blue Chip:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0803/S00264.htm

Unless the whole Blue Chip saga is left to be undone without interference, no financial discipline or lessons for future self-made, would-be investors will ever be learned. Mortgaging one's own home to fund leveraged deals on the basis of the usual cliches "property never drops in price", "unlock the equity in your home", and other nonsense repeated ad nauseam by Sunday papers, is no excuse for financial illiteracy. Ignorance is not bliss.
    God - Please give us just one more bubble....

And how long would you want a FREEZE on for? Until the property market recovers to minimise the investors losses? Why drag it out, let them take the hit and get on with their lives...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Tin-foil Hatter

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    And how long would you want a FREEZE on for?
    I'm not sure if you are referring to me or to the article I posted. I do not support any freeze or rescue measure at all. If the so-called Blue Chip "investors" lose their shirts, so be it. They have only themselves to blame for - no matter how slick or unethical the selling techniques were, they ultimately made the decision.

PS: I think that ING investors should also call on the PM to force ING to accept withdrawals from the two funds that temporarily canceled redemptions..... F F's S
    God - Please give us just one more bubble....

Quote Originally Posted by patsy View Post
    I'm not sure if you are referring to me or to the article I posted.
    PS: I think that ING investors should also call on the PM to force ING to accept withdrawals from the two funds that temporarily canceled redemptions..... F F's S
    I was referring to the article that you posted.

PPS: Why don't those who become addicted to gambling machines call on the PM to make the machine operators give them their losses back? After all, gaming machines also cause financial loss and associated hardship to a proportion of Joe Pubilc, just like being an investor in Blue Chip...
    Last edited by Steve; 18-03-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Where is Mark Bryers?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Where is Mark Bryers?
    See post #31? - Blue Chip co-founder's brothel visits

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    huge proportion kiwis have leverage their homes in multi residenrtal projects have never seen a property deflation they are goin to see banks pulling in loans as equity evaporates
    That's true for the younger investors. However, I would have thought that the older investors would have remembered the property declines of the late 90s, late 80s and before...

Blinded by GREED?!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    huge proportion kiwis have leverage their homes in multi residenrtal projects have never seen a property deflation they are goin to see banks pulling in loans as equity evaporates
    My generation (generation Y) can be funny at times

I know quite a few with 2-3 properties, always go on about how much their properties are worth, but don't have enough cash for things like a new toaster etc !?

I think this nation's obsession with property and generations Y's ultra bullish attitude towards property investment means we're never going to see any form of property crash, 5% declined at most I think.

Interesting documentary on currently about Blue Chip, have to feel sorry for the older generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Where is Mark Bryers?
    Eating crayfish and drinking bottles of Dom with his harem of hookers at the million dollar holiday bach.

It must take many years of practice to lie and not show it on the face. Must be the Botox treatment 2 hrs prior to the interview.

Did anyone watch TV program Sunday yesterday?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.