sharetrader
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SCY Chart

Cool SCY a BARGAIN..

Well Smith`s had there annual meeting yesterday and only the time when you get the good oil on what there doing told us they are moving two Power house stores to bigger buildings
    and pointed out that the 8 stores in the North Island produce 21% of the profits need more people to live in the South Island..

The chairman also pointed out what a good price the share was @ near 12% div and half the NTA value he feels its a BARGAIN along with BRICKS..

Advanced Member

Default SCY Chart Update.

Well Bricks, as I have said before, I can but admire your fortitude. You have been a steadfast supporter of this stock through thick and thin. Unfortunately, though, it has been mostly thin - SCY has fallen 45% in 20 months.

This worm may be close to turning, though. A sale at the Bid or the Ask would now trigger buy signals.

After firing off a slew of Sell signals, SCY has been in a nice, tidy, orderly, accelerating downtrend for 20 months. Frequently it found support levels, but these were all sequentially broken as the downtrend progressed. You can clearly see "big money" (smart money?) exiting as shown by the "steps" in the OBV plot (magenta circles).

The 4 indicators used here have given excellent signals in the past, even though the Sell signals of late 2006 were spread out over a month or more.

Bricks, would I have any chance at all of persuading you that buying or holding downtrending stocks is not a good idea?

Arrow NO CHART.. showing..

The turnover is very low and most the time would not support the chart,, BRICKS buys at very low prices but constant have a good low priced holding which pays dividends what more can you ask, Along with coming and going to NZ there is not much worth buying on the NZX at cheap prices that has not fallen over may remember you saying the same about
    Mr Chips of which BRICKS made a very LARGE KILLING..

Arrow THANKS for not BUYING..

BRICKS can now buy at the lowest prices how & when he likes so one day day the
    tide will turn and that's when rewards will be paid, this stock should be for new NZ investors
    they can accumulate a bigger holding cheaper, But with everybody holding off and being smart they will miss the boat just like KFC & Co.. this stock would be a WARREN BUFFET BUY..

It would?

Care to explain to us how you view the long term durable competitive advantage that SCY has, or analyse the "economic moat" that protects it from competition?

Granted, its a cheap stock, granted, I have *some* time for the company but a Warren Buffett buy? Hahaha.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Arrow Up Smiths City..

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    It would?

Care to explain to us how you view the long term durable competitive advantage that SCY has, or analyse the "economic moat" that protects it from competition?

Granted, its a cheap stock, granted, I have *some* time for the company but a Warren Buffett buy? Hahaha.

ALL your words are to big for me just buying them a BARGIN at very low prices and
    collect the DIVIDENED...

So, in other words, you have nothing?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Arrow Never Debate With Anyone..

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    So, in other words, you have nothing?
    Never debate with anyone because you never WIN and they drag on for ever if they don't see your or mine reasons don't worry it will not change the PACE..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    Never debate with anyone because you never WIN and they drag on for ever if they don't see your or mine reasons don't worry it will not change the PACE..
    Bricks,

You made a statement about Smiths City being a Warren Buffet type buy. SD simply asked you to back up this statement with your reasoning, to which you came back with your usual gibberish.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong (well I have my opinion), but I as well would be interested in your reasoning also.

SSB

Arrow Merry Xmas Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Bricks,

You made a statement about Smiths City being a Warren Buffet type buy. SD simply asked you to back up this statement with your reasoning, to which you came back with your usual gibberish.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong (well I have my opinion), but I as well would be interested in your reasoning also.

SSB
    DO your shopping at Smiths City help out NZ and YOURSELF.. also thanks for not being a SHAREHOLDER..
    Last edited by BRICKS; 19-10-2008 at 07:15 PM.