sharetrader
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: SCY Chart

Default BOB are you out of JAIL..

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Since May 2005, BRICKS has missed the fact that this is a forum, where posters offer opinions and perspectives from differing viewpoints, that won't necessarily, and very quite likely, agree with his opinion. Just because someone does or doesn't own the same shares, doesn't mean that they don't have a (valid) opinion or point.
    Thanks for more FREE advice..

Arrow Upper hutt..

IF anyone notice`s the new store @ upper hutt is going into action could you please
    advise BRICKS..

percy

I was in Timaru on friday. checked out new smiths city store.on same lines as their other stores.pretty big store with a good layout.
    Will be back there this friday ,so will check out powerstore.believe it is in old smiths shop cut in two with kathmandu in the other half.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I was in Timaru on friday. checked out new smiths city store.on same lines as their other stores.pretty big store with a good layout.
    Will be back there this friday ,so will check out powerstore.believe it is in old smiths shop cut in two with kathmandu in the other half.
    THANKS for the NEWS but is TIMARU a growth town it seems this the go in the South Island for SCY they have been expanding into larger stores for some time now in many towns
    but the SOUTH does not make the profits according to the size of the shop.. Feel the NORTH Island expanding would have been better for profits just by the number of people
    who live THERE..

percy

You are right there Bricks ,still all regional stores and new stores have impressed me.I was thinking of Greymouth,but then I was impressed with Kaikoura,Ashburton.Oamaru,The huge one at Dunedin is a cracker.all done including north island expansion with out coming back to shareholders for more money!!! I look forward to north island posters to see if they are impressed with SCY stores.

percy

hi bricks,
    timaru revisited today.power store now very well located.with scy big store and now a good power store,we have timaru covered.my experience says regional stores do very well.it is important to remember your customer base.

FURTHER EXPANSION IN WELLINGTON

Smiths City Group Limited (SCY) continues its strategy to expand into the Wellington region with the opening of a new store in Queen Street, Upper Hutt.

At 2,196 square metres in area, it is the second Smiths City store to be opened in the Wellington region. The Upper Hutt store adds to the one opened in December at the Porirua Mega Centre. It will carry the full range of product traditionally stocked by Smiths City which includes appliances, furnishings and sporting goods.

The new store will make use of the storage, delivery and installation structure already in place for the LV Martin & Son retail chain, also owned by Smiths City.

As referred to in the Group’s Half Year report, the Wellington area has been identified by directors as the best area for immediate growth.

Smiths City will seek further retail opportunities in the lower North Island to increase its coverage in the region.

~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

SMITHS CITY at last seems to be changing its approach to biz as to its past habits as 1 July 2010 cutting ties with F&P and change its whitegoods approach along with
    better located stores it stands to move forward the full year should show better RESULTS..

NAUGHTY BRICKS been out buying more SCY for Xmas o what a feeling with all these new Wellington stores money for JAM..

Headline results look good even though management say that such a resukt would be unacceptable in normal times

Razor thin margins - $1.6m (no tax) profit on $230m odd revenues not much is it

From the accounts the retail arm continues to trade at a loss .... what profits there are come from financing arm

Wonder what 'normal times' would deliver?