sharetrader
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: SCY Chart

percy

I see in this morning's The Press that Smiths are still waiting for rebuild demand for their products.

I've recently gone over their figures for the last few years... I think on a macro basis they should be well placed with rebuilds and greater economic activity next year, yes they have small margins but their ROE has returned to acceptable levels and they're competitive in the P/EPS. chart activity would be a problem wit few trades...

percy

The share price is testing the 200 day moving average,so take care.

but is that all that relevant if the liquidity is poor in the first place? traders obviously are more likely to invest in stocks with high turnover?

percy

I have checked yahoo charts going back 10 years and find it very relevant.Take care.

Another reasonably respectable result from Smiths considering all the issues over the last few years

EPS of 7.7 cents so currently on PE of about 8

Finance book of $70m odd

Percy - you were a bit down on them .....things improving?

Me just a satisfied customer at nearby Martins ......match cheapest price in town, great service and install things for free (even TVs have too many wires these days)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another reasonably respectable result from Smiths considering all the issues over the last few years

EPS of 7.7 cents so currently on PE of about 8

Finance book of $70m odd

Percy - you were a bit down on them .....things improving?

Me just a satisfied customer at nearby Martins ......match cheapest price in town, great service and install things for free (even TVs have too many wires these days)
    Definitely an improvement on last year and if you dig into the cash flow statement provided you can see that the majority of the profit is attributable to the finance division. Rick Hellings confirmed that when I spoke with him yesterday but did say the retail operations were profitable but "bloody hard work". He also said the homeware division was doing better than the appliance division.
    7.7 cents (after tax correct me if I am wrong) on a shareprice of 54 cents if very acceptable to me. A lot better than last year but you would hope that things are going on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Definitely an improvement on last year and if you dig into the cash flow statement provided you can see that the majority of the profit is attributable to the finance division. Rick Hellings confirmed that when I spoke with him yesterday but did say the retail operations were profitable but "bloody hard work". He also said the homeware division was doing better than the appliance division.
    7.7 cents (after tax correct me if I am wrong) on a shareprice of 54 cents if very acceptable to me. A lot better than last year but you would hope that things are going on the up.
    Thanks for those insights blackcap

Finance has been the main driver of profits for a while.

Must be hard selling product in this market. Plenty of choices where to buy and ultra competive.

As I said location and service makes me one of the loyal customers. They just look in the computer and say yep Mr Winner what can we do for you this time....and make friendly comments like did your son appreciate the new fridge Mrs Winner bought him the other day.

percy

Rick Hellings is "a breath of fresh air." Good directors, top CEO in Hellings but "bloody hard work" sums it up.I note they have closed Riccaron and Invercargill Power Stores.Slim margins. I no longer hold.The reasons I sold out remain.And yes our family are loyal customers too.Good products,fair prices and you know they service what they sell through Alectra.

They did not pay the full tax rate. Only paid 600K tax on NPBT of $4.7Mill.

Still a credible result. Even if it is all through the finance division.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR